Recommended QoS for 55 down 12 up?

Able

Hey, 

Unfortunately, my isp only offers 1 service where I live and it’s 50 down 10 up. I do manage to get speeds of 55 down and 12 up but with so little to work with I don’t want to be using the wrong QoS settings. 

I know my internet is trash and the new warzone 2 is really really bad. Curious what we’re y’all’s best server pings in warzone 1 compared to warzone 2? 

In wz1 I could get 30s and 40s but in wz2 the best servers are still averaging 55 then if I am lucky that server might stabilize later in the match going for 45 to 52 or so but it’s super rare. It’s been really hard to enjoy the game with the skill gap being closed and the optimizations being so bad. 

It’s funny reading people in the community with fiber going out there way to do extra for their already super fast internet or complaining about their ridiculous speed. lol y’all are lucky. Got people like me in your lobby that can’t even force a connection below 55. With the game being so slow movement wise and the TTK being so fast I feel like internet speed matters more than it ever has as I can’t make up for the bad connections with skill. 

In wz1 I was able to get good connections with VPNs and I can still get local server connections when I do the VPNs but the connections end up being higher now. More in the 70s which isn’t worth. Id much rather go against good players on 50ping than a bot when I’m on 70. It’s been boring and I really don’t even play at this point other than logging in a few games to test new router settings. 

Gaming only uses a fraction of your download and upload speeds so your connection is absolutely fine. What is more important is how stable your connection is in terms of ping, latency and packet loss.

With regards to QoS, I’ve tested and found that having the sliders off works best for me.

5 hours ago, Able said:

Hey, 

Unfortunately, my isp only offers 1 service where I live and it’s 50 down 10 up. I do manage to get speeds of 55 down and 12 up but with so little to work with I don’t want to be using the wrong QoS settings. 

I know my internet is trash and the new warzone 2 is really really bad. Curious what we’re y’all’s best server pings in warzone 1 compared to warzone 2? 

In wz1 I could get 30s and 40s but in wz2 the best servers are still averaging 55 then if I am lucky that server might stabilize later in the match going for 45 to 52 or so but it’s super rare. It’s been really hard to enjoy the game with the skill gap being closed and the optimizations being so bad. 

It’s funny reading people in the community with fiber going out there way to do extra for their already super fast internet or complaining about their ridiculous speed. lol y’all are lucky. Got people like me in your lobby that can’t even force a connection below 55. With the game being so slow movement wise and the TTK being so fast I feel like internet speed matters more than it ever has as I can’t make up for the bad connections with skill. 

In wz1 I was able to get good connections with VPNs and I can still get local server connections when I do the VPNs but the connections end up being higher now. More in the 70s which isn’t worth. Id much rather go against good players on 50ping than a bot when I’m on 70. It’s been boring and I really don’t even play at this point other than logging in a few games to test new router settings. 

QoS is at it's best in these sort of scenarios! I'd also suggest making sure you've got Geo-filter setup optimally.

Start by following these two guides and let us know how everything is feeling afterwards:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

QoS is at it's best in these sort of scenarios! I'd also suggest making sure you've got Geo-filter setup optimally.

Start by following these two guides and let us know how everything is feeling afterwards:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

Hey thank you! I will follow these later when I am on the computer. Good to know it helps us low connection people cuz I feel like I need it lol If I notice anything different after these guides I’ll let you know 

5 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Gaming only uses a fraction of your download and upload speeds so your connection is absolutely fine. What is more important is how stable your connection is in terms of ping, latency and packet loss.

With regards to QoS, I’ve tested and found that having the sliders off works best for me.

Interesting. I also have a lot of devices on my network though but I’ll keep in mind after following the guides mentioned by the mod I will test sliders off for comparison. Unfortunately my ping is pretty bad lol as my BEST lobbies in warzone 2 are in the 50s. Maybe 1 out of 30 I will get 45 to 52 but that’s usually later in the match when players are gone and it stabilizes. I think warzone 2 is just unoptimized. The map is gigantic with too much clutter, objects, tons of AI, then 5 ai helicopters, all the stronghold events, and etc. really eating up. I used to play an mmo that was really bad desync and lag wise like warzone 2 is and they reduced all monsters in the game by 40% to help optimize the game so I know ai and etc has an impact. 

3 hours ago, Able said:

Interesting. I also have a lot of devices on my network though but I’ll keep in mind after following the guides mentioned by the mod I will test sliders off for comparison. Unfortunately my ping is pretty bad lol as my BEST lobbies in warzone 2 are in the 50s. Maybe 1 out of 30 I will get 45 to 52 but that’s usually later in the match when players are gone and it stabilizes. I think warzone 2 is just unoptimized. The map is gigantic with too much clutter, objects, tons of AI, then 5 ai helicopters, all the stronghold events, and etc. really eating up. I used to play an mmo that was really bad desync and lag wise like warzone 2 is and they reduced all monsters in the game by 40% to help optimize the game so I know ai and etc has an impact. 

If you have a lot of devices in your house that are using internet then that’s when you need to use QoS…and I presume even more so if you’re also streaming.

I also have many devices but when I’m gaming they are just idle rather than using bandwidth so QoS is pretty much pointless for me.

Your ping sounds fine to me…and I actually connect to servers further away to make sure I have similar ping values as you mentioned.

10 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

If you have a lot of devices in your house that are using internet then that’s when you need to use QoS…and I presume even more so if you’re also streaming.

I also have many devices but when I’m gaming they are just idle rather than using bandwidth so QoS is pretty much pointless for me.

Your ping sounds fine to me…and I actually connect to servers further away to make sure I have similar ping values as you mentioned.

Well when I have ambition to drop nukes in wz2 50s isn’t too great as I will need to be able to win against the really low ping players more consistently. I still have good games and decent kd but I feel very limited by connection currently. Looking up all kinds of stuff rn to test out later when I’m home. 

6 hours ago, Able said:

Well when I have ambition to drop nukes in wz2 50s isn’t too great as I will need to be able to win against the really low ping players more consistently. I still have good games and decent kd but I feel very limited by connection currently. Looking up all kinds of stuff rn to test out later when I’m home. 

Like I said, having a lower ping than 50ms isn’t going to help you achieve that.

28 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Like I said, having a lower ping than 50ms isn’t going to help you achieve that.

having a lower ping would help. thats exactly what a lower ping does

8 hours ago, Able said:

having a lower ping would help. thats exactly what a lower ping does

That’s not how it works…ping is not king in this game due to other players connecting from further away with higher ping connections and lag compensation. As an example, if I play on UK servers with low ping I have more instances of shoot first die first, and you can clearly see what appears to be enemy characters being accelerated.

6 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

That’s not how it works…ping is not king in this game due to other players connecting from further away with higher ping connections and lag compensation. As an example, if I play on UK servers with low ping I have more instances of shoot first die first, and you can clearly see what appears to be enemy characters being accelerated.

Even in the name “lag compensation” is the word compensation lol it’s trying to compensate for having a bad connection in comparison to the fast connect because the enemy is ahead of you in real time. 

Example in mw2 MP if a gun has a 150ms ttk from 3 bullets that means each bullet takes 50ms. 

You jump around a corner with 10ms ping and you take 320ms to react, that’s a total delay of 330ms from real world time to start shooting. 
Your enemy on 90ms ping sees you 80ms later they take 290ms to react, that’s a total delay of 380ms from real world time to start shooting. 

Even though the enemy’s reaction time was 30ms faster than yours they still lose because that 50ms difference in overall delay is enough time for that extra bullet to process and kill them. They reacted faster and still lost to someone with a slower reaction due to connection.

That’s a scenario of losing with a higher ping even though you have a faster reaction time. Now imagine the enemy has the same reaction time or god forbid they react faster. 

For lag compensation lets take the same scenario except this time the 10ms player decided to not shoot because they reacted slow and instead opted to run and dolphin dive behind cover.

Let’s say it takes the 10ms ping player 320ms to react again and then it takes them 200ms to get behind cover. Remember 90ms ping player is 80ms in the past but they will see what you did because you didn’t end their existence they still live in your past timeline. It took 10ms player a total of 520ms to react and get behind cover. The 90ms ping player may see it 80ms later but they still seek all of it. They have a total window 520ms to shoot and kill the 10ms player. Even though you’re technically already behind cover, lag compensation will look at this player playing 80ms in the past and see during that 520ms window they took 290ms to react with a 200ms TTK gun totaling 490ms to kill. So 30ms later you will die behind cover due to lag compensation. 

lag compensation doesn’t give the 90ms player an advantage, it just says if you hit your shots we will let them count even though the enemy technically isn’t there anymore. 

The 10ms player still has an 80ms advantage over a 90ms player. They can react slower and still win.  

There is no argument that ping doesn’t help. It definitely does. Im not saying I can’t drop in and get high kill games or win because I can. Last night I completely redid my settings, redid my dns with namebench, redid my adapter with tcp optimizer, and I adjusted my QOS. First warzone match I got on after doing that I got my best connection I have ever had which got me some high 30s and mid 40s. I dropped 15 kills no gulag then died to a player with a nuke skin at the end which is what I was talking about.(I have it recorded) You can run through an entire lobby but to win more consistently, a lower ping would help. 

10 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

There is absolutely no need for your wall of text or your imaginary scenarios. All I will say is that our understandings of lag compensation beg to differ, and so we shall have to agree to disagree.

Math is not subjective. 10ms is faster than 90ms and that’s a fact. Doesn’t matter how you feel about it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/26/2023 at 9:02 AM, Able said:

Hey, 

When my speeds where like that I found qos fully disabled to be more reliable and better.

Everyone's gaming environment is different, but from my experience for call of duty no matter which providers i have used or different speeds offered for the most part multiplayer i set download to 20mb and upload to 5 with both sliders at 100% and for warzone i set the bandwidth to what ever your paying for so put it back to 50 and 10 but change the sliders to 70%

play a couple games then change up 5 at a time (70% - 75% - 80% and so on) then play couple more games  see if it gets better or worse, and find the settings that work best for you

keep in mind when throttling your bandwidth speeds you could be affecting the internet or streaming experience for other people in the house hold