NAT is moderate after purchase of router

tjmr25

Hello there, after purchasing this router my NAT has gone from a constant "open" status to "moderate" on Bo2. I tried doing all the things in the wiki to open it back up but nothing works, I even googled some methods and tried them (static IP address for ps3) but to no avail. How much does having an open NAT effect your gaming experience and has anyone gone through this same trouble and know of a fix?

• Netduma Staff

Welcome to the forums Tj :)

Were you definitely putting the Netduma external IP into the DMZ? Also, have you removed all other port forwarding from your other router? Could you also make sure Settings >> UPnP is enabled and Settings >> Miscellaneous 'enable UPnP forwarding is ticked :)

Welcome to the forums Tj :)

Were you definitely putting the Netduma external IP into the DMZ? Also, have you removed all other port forwarding from your other router? Could you also make sure Settings >> UPnP is enabled and Settings >> Miscellaneous 'enable UPnP forwarding is ticked :)

Netduma external IP into DMZ- Yes, it is not in the "WAN" area because that is grayed out with another address in it that i cannot type over but it is in the "private IP" area under DMZ 

port forwarding removed from original router- not sure how to do that

UPnP is enabled - yes. 

Enable UPnP fowarding is ticked 

EDIT: Ok I just redid everything and it changed back to "open". It has done this before but went back to "moderate" once I stopped playing and rebooted the game again, fingers crossed it stays"open" this time.

make sure you have UPnP turned on in both the master router and the netduma...

Next make sure that the master router has the duma set into DMZ mode.

Make sure the master router doesn't have any firewall rules that are gaming based...

REBOOT YOUR CONSOLE...

Profit?

Archived