R2 Geofilter for MW2 dont work

SachsenPowl

Hi, got my PS5 connected via WiFi 5GHz (best hitreg for me than ethernet) with the R2 (latest official Firmware).

Setup Geofilter around to Spain (Actual physical location is Germany) to play around with "high ping servers" 50ms).

But if i connect to play MW2 it searches in game matchmaking first <18ms then <38ms Lobbys and always refused the connection as it should - but it searches again first <18ms then <38ms but never connects me at the spain Servers.

After looking at which area it connects me before it refused its only German Servers. it never ever get me the Spain Servers. I tryed start Geofilter at start, delayed after the Matchmaking search begins, resync cloud, delete and re-add my PS5 to geofilter settings, tryed the prebuild CoD profile at geofilter settings, tryed manually etc...

Fast Search untick/tick and strict mode untick/tick also didnt help me. Sadly that the main benefit of Netduma didnt work for me.

greetings

tryed it, seems that i can not force any other servers, it always wants the lowest servers around my location... tryed it also with US servers.

Maybe you give me a hint to setup the geo filter correct?

hi, sry tryed a few factory resets but it should similar looked like this: X is Home, the Quarters are the Servers it will try to connect but refused it fast (strict is ticked, fast search is unicked)

GeoPolygon.png

So, i updated to newest EarlyAccess Firmware and reset all Settings 2 times via FactoryReset and Hardware Reset, only changed my WiFi password and disabled IPv6 on WAN and Network.

QoS DL is 50% and UL is 70%, DumaOS classified is ticked, also the Share Access things. Also i have resynced cloud on all possible Tabs inside the Router, so the DPI theoretically work as it should.

Normally my Geofilter is located at my Hometown, 111km around that location (should find one Server that has 12ms inside DumaOS stats), also i have PingAssist to 18ms, so this only Server should be forced and i have fallback to near France Servers with low ping.

But now i have setup PolygonMode around Spain and PingAssist to 0ms - this should forced only Spain Servers (which are at nearly 50ms at PingHeatmap). Fast Search unticked, Strict ticked.

Did i forget something to setup the Router?

GeoPolygon.png

I think, if i remember correctly, in my case it makes no difference, it always looks like the screenshot he send. Connection refused but the game did not connect me to spain servers.

Sry but i have the same problems like SachsenPowl

• Administrators

Yes, best to follow these steps and that should make it work correctly: 

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works. Once you've done this the first time leave the Geo-Filter enabled and it'll work whenever you next play. If you want to make changes to the radius/polygons etc it's best to do so before you turn the console/game on, wait 2 minutes then you can load up and it will ensure the new settings work.

Hi Powl! No i am on 3.2. firmware.

@Netduma Fraser My problem is, that i only can force Servers with Ping Assist enabled.

Also if i enable the Fast Search it seems to override anything (connect to the first Server, even if it is a 40ms Server, Ping Assist set to 20ms).

Maybe i will try also the Early Access firmware. But first i also will try to setup like you told him.

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, shiddy said:

Hi Powl! No i am on 3.2. firmware.

@Netduma Fraser My problem is, that i only can force Servers with Ping Assist enabled.

Also if i enable the Fast Search it seems to override anything (connect to the first Server, even if it is a 40ms Server, Ping Assist set to 20ms).

Maybe i will try also the Early Access firmware. But first i also will try to setup like you told him.

I'm not sure how that would be possible as there is no real control using Ping Assist and it gets games outside your radius. Fast Search will also ignore your PA value if it can get a game faster so best to have that disable.

Yeah i have factory reset another time. Seems now Geofilter works as it should 🙂 Thank you! 

Sadly, for me forcing higher ping servers did not give me any advantages, tested 50ms server locations, 70ms and 100ms.

Seems that my location likes lower ping servers more than higher ping servers. Crazy, watched latest ScumpVid and he gets 7ms Ping and all others have much more. Ping google give me 9ms, best in COD is 17ms but it is ok.

another 3 questions:

First: CC slider, even if i set it to 1% i have 2,5Mbps. If i set manual the connection Speed at the R2 to 1Mbps DL and 1Mbps UL, will it override my usual Speeds from my ISP (250/40 100% slider)?

Second : At the DumaOS App for Android, i can prioritize gaming for call of duty for max 3h - BUT what benefit over the DPI thing aka "DumaOS classified games" prioritization i will get in these 3h (Duma classified games is already ticked)?

Last: EarlyAccessFW and/or MW2 on PS5 needs additional prioritizing rules or DMZ/PortForwarding? Right now i get moderate NAT but it feels playable

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, shiddy said:

another 3 questions:

First: CC slider, even if i set it to 1% i have 2,5Mbps. If i set manual the connection Speed at the R2 to 1Mbps DL and 1Mbps UL, will it override my usual Speeds from my ISP (250/40 100% slider)?

Second : At the DumaOS App for Android, i can prioritize gaming for call of duty for max 3h - BUT what benefit over the DPI thing aka "DumaOS classified games" prioritization i will get in these 3h (Duma classified games is already ticked)?

Last: EarlyAccessFW and/or MW2 on PS5 needs additional prioritizing rules or DMZ/PortForwarding? Right now i get moderate NAT but it feels playable

1. Yes it would override that
  2. Priority Boost is essentially a temporary Traffic Prioritization rule so would just recommend using Classified Games
  3. Do you have the R2 in the DMZ on your modem?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, best to follow these steps and that should make it work correctly: 

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works. Once you've done this the first time leave the Geo-Filter enabled and it'll work whenever you next play. If you want to make changes to the radius/polygons etc it's best to do so before you turn the console/game on, wait 2 minutes then you can load up and it will ensure the new settings work.

Will try it at home, thx :)

Ok, seems to work.

if i setup a Deny/Allow List and name every Server like "QuickPlayGoodHitreg1" etc, will it shows me the Name again in Ping Heatmap? I only see the ID of the Server... but dont know if i played again on this Server. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:
  1. Yes it would override that
  2. Priority Boost is essentially a temporary Traffic Prioritization rule so would just recommend using Classified Games
  3. Do you have the R2 in the DMZ on your modem?

No even if i setup Exposed Host for the Netduma it is no DMZ. I can manually forward all ports for the Netduma in my Fritzbox Modem, the i can achieve a OpenNAT on my R2 -> is it worth it?

10 hours ago, SachsenPowl said:

Ok, seems to work.

if i setup a Deny/Allow List and name every Server like "QuickPlayGoodHitreg1" etc, will it shows me the Name again in Ping Heatmap? I only see the ID of the Server... but dont know if i played again on this Server. 

I'm afraid not, that name is unique to Geo-filter.

9 hours ago, shiddy said:

No even if i setup Exposed Host for the Netduma it is no DMZ. I can manually forward all ports for the Netduma in my Fritzbox Modem, the i can achieve a OpenNAT on my R2 -> is it worth it?

Exposed host will have the same affect as DMZ, have you tried configuring this? You could forward all ports, but it would be easier to use DMZ/Exposed Host.

Yes it is as Exposed Host IPv4, but it does nearly nothing - is there anything beside CoD to check what NAT i get?

If the benefit of OpenNAT is worth it, then i will manually add any port for it to port-forward to the netduma. But thank you, geo filter works as it should now

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, shiddy said:

Yes it is as Exposed Host IPv4, but it does nearly nothing - is there anything beside CoD to check what NAT i get?

If the benefit of OpenNAT is worth it, then i will manually add any port for it to port-forward to the netduma. But thank you, geo filter works as it should now

It's quite possibly the Geo-Filter causing a misreading, if you disable it before booting up the game and it appears Open then you can just ignore it from then on. If the PS5 network settings say you have NAT Type 2 then you have an Open NAT (it's 2 instead of 1 as you're behind a router).