Reoccurring Unknown Device

Can you please help me out? I keep getting this unknown device popping up on my device manager. It always says it is offline. I have tried countless times blocking it and deleting it. It also reappears shortly after I delete it. When I click on it, it appears as an "unnamed device", under device type it, it coming up as "computer", and the mac address I looked up online and it says its linked to Netgear.  Also, when click on my desktop in device manager, which is connected via wifi, there are 9 IP addresses that come up ?? What is going on there... I am also getting two IP address under the PS5.. one looks like a regular ip and the other looks like a IPV6.. What should I do here?

image.thumb.png.14be9908c01b970a132f89e508cf9325.pngimage.thumb.png.a1f4c7d38e2d36f1a0d300bcf90ee66e.png

I just made some additional notes to the post. I wanted to also note that when I click on the ps5 .. 2 IP address are showing up .. one looks like a regular ip and the other looks like a IPV6.. I have been feeling laggy as well, but the connection speeds are good. I'm in the process of deleting my ps5 from dumaos, turning off ipv6 and creating a new connection in the PS5 as automatic.. It is a wired connection. I don't know what setting I should be using or if I should disable the ipv6 .. not sure what it is. 

Let me look at your response. I am using the combination modem router from my service provider and I have my xr500 connected to it. I have 1 wired connection to ps5 and the roku device and labtop are connected to either the 2.4 or 5. That's all I have going on. So, my pc is always connected wireless ...do I still assign an ip for my pc under LAN ? and what should I do with the ps5 it is always a wired connection? Thanks

No extender, switch, or AP that I know of

I assigned everything the 3 devices that are connected to the internet and rebooted the xr500 and did not reboot the cable/modem from service provider. I am going to check the ips, but I am still getting this unnamed device coming up? If I only have 3 devices connected to the internet at all times. I assigned those ip addresses. Don't understand where this unnamed device is coming from ... Now, it shows I have 3 for my pc instead of 9 

image.thumb.png.9ca39e3e17e74404d314306280a529bf.png

• Administrators

It's a link local IPv6 address, it's perfectly normal, you can ignore that, it won't be negatively impacting you at all. Could you provide the MAC address of the unnamed device? It's unlikely to be anything sinister. Can you provide a screenshot of one of the devices with multiple IPs? It's not going to cause you any issues though.

It doesn't show an IP address. It is the same as the mac address on the back of the router, but this is what it shows under the internet setup tab... Weird thing is .. the "unnamed device" was not listed under the device manager, and I hit the test button on this internet setup page and it rebooted my router and when it came back online the "unnamed device" showed back up.image.thumb.png.ebf06e271695d924a469003687841350.png

Edited by Zaroo
pressed test button and unnamed device reappeared

10 hours ago, Zaroo said:

It doesn't show an IP address. It is the same as the mac address on the back of the router, but this is what it shows under the internet setup tab... Weird thing is .. the "unnamed device" was not listed under the device manager, and I hit the test button on this internet setup page and it rebooted my router and when it came back online the "unnamed device" showed back up.

Is your network simply setup as Internet -> Modem -> R2 -> Connected devices? If not, what's your exact physical setup?

Yes. It is a simple setup. I have a cable modem/router from ISP. I have my XR500 connected to it... then 1 PS5 wired to XR500 and 2 devices connected to XR500 wifi.. I only noticed this unnamed device popping up like the last 6 or so months. It's consistent and back again.

It's confusing. It says its wired and has the same mac address as what it says on back of the XR500 and is always offline. Under the internet setup page in the Dumaos dashboard, the mac address is similar but the it says 18 instead of 17?

image.thumb.png.cf29d4bd4b57912bd957485534645e56.png

image.thumb.png.f24d085965c9dba1ccacd7dea6261806.png

Edited by Zaroo

I dont have an iphone. I just did what you said Fraser and I literally watched my labtop populate like 12 ip addresses... As we discussed earlier, I assigned it an ip and performed the changes earlier in the conversation and went down to 3... My PS5 is also starting to populate more. At any rate, I clicked use default, pressed apply, and the modem rebooted. I didn't change any of the values or anything.

Should I put my ISP cable modem router in bridge mode?

Edited by Zaroo

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't do the above steps mentioned above yet. I just noticed one thing though and it sorta bummer. The unnamed device was appearing for a while like all week. I haven't played much destiny either, but I got on today. I was playing and was starting to contact servers for a bit. I thought I was going to get disconnected. As soon as the match ended. I was looking through my qos settings to see if I could change something up that might would help and the unnamed device reappeared. I believe it must have appeared during the match causing the contacting servers in game bc it was not there before the match

I have not idea what is gong on. I don't know how my network is working perfectly fine and to totally screwed up. So, my internet is working, but I've been getting disconnected while playing and I go to test the network and its connected to the internet but NAT type keeps failing and I can't play.  And honestly, I don't believe none of those settings work in dumaos. I've had the router since it was released and I am just not seeing it.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am going to send it to you via message. Actually, look at the 2nd one I am about to send you. If you don't mind please, sir. About 10 minutes later, I got disconnected from the game entirely and the dumaos interface said I was no longer connected to my router. I made some qos changes as I was contacting servers to try to mitigate the anticipated disconnection. Little behold, that second unknown device appeared as well. 

Edited by Zaroo
Added additional information about second log report sent