Reoccurring Unknown Device

• Administrators

Did you still continue to experience disconnects without the router connected and after they adjusted those settings? The logs look okay, other than of course the entries we were looking at previously, it's really hard to say what might be happening, a few appear to be IPs linked to ads, others linked with broadband. Do you know if you have a dynamic IP? If so, potentially changing your public IP may help if it was targeted. If you do then unplugging the modem from power for 10 minutes may change it.

Yeah. I am still getting disconnected. Hey, this is very interesting sequence of events just occurred. I don't if theirs some relationship with whatever is going on and that unnamed device that keeps repopulating that has the same or similar mac address as my router... Well, I am just going to send you the log. Yesterday, I was and someone was home and the device they were using was connected to ISP router modem. During this whole time, I just have my xr500 connected to the ISP router modem.

So, I was thought I would see if I could see anything in the logs and connected to the xr500 via labtop.. was looking at the logs and it kept mentioning something about marking the unknown device... then subsequently new DHCP lease changes, and a series of ddos rst scans with the router's IP.. then I was knocked offline and the xr500 was flashing orange etc .. gonna send you the logs 

• Administrators

I don't think the unknown device has anything to do with it really, on the ISP router have you set a static/reserved IP for the XR? If not please do that. In LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range. Then disable DHCP entirely, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.