Heat Sinks for the NETDUMA R2 plus USB FAN

Boldshoter30

if any Technical Netduma Admin @Netduma Frasercan give me some technical specs for all the chip sets sizes for the R2 preferably the CPU I posted pictures below courtesy of @KindaBustedfor the USB fans that I have ordered about to order some thermal stick on heat sinks I know with opening the router Voids warranty my warranty has been long gone anyone can tell me what you guys think I know it won't be a big huge improvement in performance with temperatures but can't hurt but try if I break it that's on me but on that note I built my own gaming pc so this will be cake  😉 

image_2022-11-30_181615330.png

Heat-Sink.JPG

image_2022-11-30_181713835.png

As you say, it's something that will void your warranty. Even if your R2 suffers a hardware failure, we always do our best to ensure we can assist and are often able to provide replacements in these circumstances. However, opening up the R2 and doing this will prevent us from being able to do that for you.

The team are aware of the maximum temperature before performance will be degraded for the R2, and it's operating temperature is well within that. Making a cooling modification like this will have a negligible impact on performance and has a lot of risk associated with it. Of course, you can use those fans and place them under the R2 with a  gap between the fan and R2. As long as you're sensible with it I don't see a risk there. I'd advise against opening up the R2 though, the positioning of the chips will make it difficult to add a heatsink like the ones you've screenshotted and there's a lot of risk of damage.

Id have to agree with Liam on this.. You could use a fan. But I just dont think theres any room to add such a heatsink.. Unless you plan on leaving the R2 out of its case.. Go full nude! lol! I havent had mine apart but the most heat seems to be on the bottom center of the router. Which almost suggests the CPU is mounted there.. Which really leaves no room for such a heatsink.. 

Good luck with whatever you do! 

Zippy.