Set-up No internet Connection (SuperHub 4)

VVrfXgep

Good Morning, 

I’ve recently purchased the R2, which by the way the service was absolutely rapid. It was in my hands in under 24 hours so great work on the delivery!!

My ISP is Virgin Media, I have a SuperHub 4 with approx 940 down and 34 up. I’ve used the router in modem mode previously with an older Nighthawk router with no issues. 

I followed the instructions and connected everything, but it seems to not get a connection. It doesn’t generate any WLAN Info in system info I just shows “disconnected”. So I started again and followed the support article here making sure to allow the time for everything to initialise. 

but still no internet connection. I can hardwire direct to the SuperHub and get a connection. I’ve tried different cables and have ruled out this. SuperHub has been restored back to factory. 

The only think I haven’t don’t is flash the firmware on the R2

Any suggestions?

• VVrfXgep changed the title to Set-up No internet Connection (SuperHub 4)

Ok, so not placing the SuperHub into modem mode and placing the R2 into DMZ works. Now the DL performance is pretty below what I get when hardwired into the SH. I usually get on avg 850-900 DL via the R2 via Ethernet I’m getting 400-500. 

14 minutes ago, VVrfXgep said:

Ok, so not placing the SuperHub into modem mode and placing the R2 into DMZ works. Now the DL performance is pretty below what I get when hardwired into the SH. I usually get on avg 850-900 DL via the R2 via Ethernet I’m getting 400-500. 

Did you try the speed test from a device connected wired or from the R2? the first would be better

Connected Wired for both. The SH gives me the higher speed test on most speed testing services. Then tested the R2 wired used their internal benchmarking tool which gave me 450-500 (changed a little after disabling UnP on the hub and QOS on the R2). But still considerable difference of speed 

Just now, VVrfXgep said:

Connected Wired for both. The SH gives me the higher speed test on most speed testing services. Then tested the R2 wired used their internal benchmarking tool which gave me 450-500 (changed a little after disabling UnP on the hub and QOS on the R2). But still considerable difference of speed 

go the waveform or dsrlreport or speedtest from a device connected to the R2, what the results?

Make sure QOS is 100% or disabled, same goes for bandwith allocation (reset up and down)

So QOS disables along with any traffic control etc all off

wired direct to the R2 I get 602 on the connection benchmark tool. On DSL Report I get 587 and via speed test I get 876. 

Now when connected direct to the SuperHub across all the speed testing sites I get between 850-900

No I turned off Wi Fi on the SuperHub and only connected the PC to the R2 so nothing was using the network other than my PC. I did read the warning about connections over 800 needing to be set manually etc… How do you recommend to set this, is there a particular speed test ?