Is it only the host that needs vpn

HoofHearted

Hi everyone, 

I'm looking to get the netduma vpn to have easier lobbies and I wondered if only the host needs to have the vpn or does each member of the squad have to get one so you have the lower lobbies more frequently? 

Kind regards, 

Scott. 

You have 2 options to circumvent SBMM. If you are on PC you dont need a Netduma Router. You can get any VPN and modify your config to only route matchmaking traffic (use https://codvpn.com/)

If you are on console you pretty much need a Netduma router. Use any open VPN config and activate it for your console under Hybrid VPN. Then you need to route the specific ports manually in the router settings. There are several posts in this forum regarding the ports.

I am using Surfshark VPN or Keepsolid VPN services. Best locations for me are Dubai, Libya or Israel. 

23 hours ago, Micksen45 said:

You have 2 options to circumvent SBMM. If you are on PC you dont need a Netduma Router. You can get any VPN and modify your config to only route matchmaking traffic (use https://codvpn.com/)

If you are on console you pretty much need a Netduma router. Use any open VPN config and activate it for your console under Hybrid VPN. Then you need to route the specific ports manually in the router settings. There are several posts in this forum regarding the ports.

I am using Surfshark VPN or Keepsolid VPN services. Best locations for me are Dubai, Libya or Israel. 

Just curious where you're from.  

I'm in the US and can only get decent lobbies playing in Australia.  But now, MW2 isn't allowing me to geolocate.  It always finds the nearest servers regardless of where I put myself (nor how small the area is or ping assist at 0).

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 PM, K0NSPIRACY said:

1. Netduma isn’t a VPN (it’s a router that can help improve your internet connection and ping to servers whilst gaming).

2. Netduma won’t find you easier lobbies, and doesn’t circumvent SBMM.

3. Stop trying to be a cheating prick and play against people of your own skill level.

I'm not trying to be a cheating prick! I'm old, have disabilities and my KD is 0.5 and I'm fed up of every game being 1-1.30kd!!! 

If these streamers a losing their shit over lobbies like mine and their own kd is anything between 4-7kd how do you think I feel?

On 10/27/2022 at 7:32 AM, Micksen45 said:

Thank you Micksen for taking the time to help  be constructive and understanding. 

I'm on console, so I will try to go through the forum to learn. 

On 10/28/2022 at 7:19 AM, Nuschler22 said:

Just curious where you're from.  

I'm in the US and can only get decent lobbies playing in Australia.  But now, MW2 isn't allowing me to geolocate.  It always finds the nearest servers regardless of where I put myself (nor how small the area is or ping assist at 0).

I'm from the UK and that's really interesting to know about how mw2 is behaving.

Maybe I will hold off just in case they have manage to get round this in some sort of way. 

3 hours ago, HoofHearted said:

I'm not trying to be a cheating prick! I'm old, have disabilities and my KD is 0.5 and I'm fed up of every game being 1-1.30kd!!! 

If these streamers a losing their shit over lobbies like mine and their own kd is anything between 4-7kd how do you think I feel?

Thanks for the info as it gives some kind of context, however you should know and be reminded that one of the SBMM exists is to protect lower skill level players. As such, it is in your best interests to give it some time and let their SBMM algorithm to do it’s job).

Like the streamers, I don’t like or support SBMM, and if SBMM was removed then you may find it could be even worse for you. Basically you shouldn’t be finding those 4-7kd streamers in your lobbies, and the simple reason being that SBMM tries to make all games against similar skilled players so they complain because they always have to play full out.

I’ve only played for a few hours and I’ve been dominating lobbies so I don’t think SBMM is strong at the moment or simply haven’t played enough for it to kick in…but saying that, my friend who I played with is a lower skill level player and he’ll be lucky to be above 0.5kd in the same games.

This video explains why most players complain about SBMM but also why it’s there to protect players like yourself:

2 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Thanks for the info as it gives some kind of context, however you should know and be reminded that one of the SBMM exists is to protect lower skill level players. As such, it is in your best interests to give it some time and let their SBMM algorithm to do it’s job).

Like the streamers, I don’t like or support SBMM, and if SBMM was removed then you may find it could be even worse for you. Basically you shouldn’t be finding those 4-7kd streamers in your lobbies, and the simple reason being that SBMM tries to make all games against similar skilled players so they complain because they always have to play full out.

I’ve only played for a few hours and I’ve been dominating lobbies so I don’t think SBMM is strong at the moment or simply haven’t played enough for it to kick in…but saying that, my friend who I played with is a lower skill level player and he’ll be lucky to be above 0.5kd in the same games.

This video explains why most players complain about SBMM but also why it’s there to protect players like yourself:

Maybe it's the evening times and days I play or the people of my skill level have stopped playing on the UK servers because in nearly 3 years of playing, I've only had one lobby that had an average kd of 0.62.

You look at players like husker and he will have 20 games in a row with that kd and then when it comes to a 1+ kd lobby he instantly dies or only gets a few kills. 

I was going to create a new account every few weeks to see if that makes a difference 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully warzone2 will have better match making. 

28 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Maybe it's the evening times and days I play or the people of my skill level have stopped playing on the UK servers because in nearly 3 years of playing, I've only had one lobby that had an average kd of 0.62.

You look at players like husker and he will have 20 games in a row with that kd and then when it comes to a 1+ kd lobby he instantly dies or only gets a few kills. 

I was going to create a new account every few weeks to see if that makes a difference 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully warzone2 will have better match making. 

Ok so for clarity, you’re basing this off your past experience of WZ, and presumably getting the lobby KD off COD Tracker?

It’s common knowledge that the WZ population has drastically reduced over the last year so it would make sense that there would be fewer lower skill players still playing the game (the casuals are usually the first to stop playing), and when I checked a few weeks ago (hadn’t played WZ in over a year) I was unable to join any UK servers; however I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions about the times and player base without any facts to back it up, but I do know that a lot of streamers play early in the day to get easier lobbies rather than evenings.

With regards to streamers, please don’t compare your experience to theirs. We don’t know what a lot of these streamers are doing to influence or manipulate the games algorithms but it’s safe to assume that a lot of them do use VPN, hacks, etc even if a lot of them do not. 

The average KD of a WZ lobby is exactly that (it’s always a bell curve), and I don’t remember ever getting in many lobbies below 1KD either. If a streamer like Huskers is constantly getting 0.62KD or similar lobbies then it’s safe to assume they are cheating or manipulating the system to some degree to get these “bot lobbies”.

You also have to remember that if these high KD streamers are manipulating the game to get in to bot lobbies then that’s a massive drop in skill level for them (ie easy to run around getting high kill games); however a lower KD player like yourself may not see the same degree of drop in skill level…simply because you are one of the bots and there’s not much lower you can go in terms of a low KD playerbase.

As such the best you can hope for is that SBMM does it’s job and prevents higher skill level players coming in to your games, so you can play on a level playing field with players similar to yourself and therefore your KD against these players should level out to around 1KD.

If what you are saying about your skill level and disability is true, then trying to circumvent SBMM could actually put you at more of a disadvantage. As such and in your scenario…SBMM is your friend.

All members must use a vpn for some kind of advantage. When playing quads or team based

Infact your doing yourself an injustice by using a vpn with a 0.5kd lol.

That means you are hiding your sbmm skill level and your 3 team mates or whoever you want to play with  will be using there skill level to determine the average kd of the team.

If I was you on a 0.5 I'd love playing solos or get your team mates to vpn and you not to vpn.

Vpn and geofilter both work on the new mw2 multiplayer (not what you have asked but after a scan saw someone mention it not working) must have it setup wrong.

If you are from the UK the UK server is extremely sweaty I don't know if a big pool of high kd players around Europe get put into that server or what but I'm from UK and geo filter Spain Italy and a couple servers in France.

Hope this helps

1 hour ago, BeerHunter said:

Now now shit for brains,  no one likes a smart arse, sometimes it better to keep quiet and not be thought an idiot, than to respond in that manner and confirm it.

Please explain why you think I’m a shit for brains, smart arse and how I’ve now confirmed that I’m an idiot. Also, please confirm and explain which of my 3 valid points you seem to be having trouble understanding and have taken exception to.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:28 AM, l2eactionz said:

All members must use a vpn for some kind of advantage. When playing quads or team based

Infact your doing yourself an injustice by using a vpn with a 0.5kd lol.

That means you are hiding your sbmm skill level and your 3 team mates or whoever you want to play with  will be using there skill level to determine the average kd of the team.

If I was you on a 0.5 I'd love playing solos or get your team mates to vpn and you not to vpn.

Vpn and geofilter both work on the new mw2 multiplayer (not what you have asked but after a scan saw someone mention it not working) must have it setup wrong.

If you are from the UK the UK server is extremely sweaty I don't know if a big pool of high kd players around Europe get put into that server or what but I'm from UK and geo filter Spain Italy and a couple servers in France.

Hope this helps

Thank you mate, 

I really appreciate your help. 

I have only recently just started playing solos because initially it wasn't fun but I'm getting more kills and I was always turning off crossplay, so I don't compete against pc players and hackers and since turning it on, they are a little lower but I'm not sure if it's worth it for the pros and cons.... 

Oh well, I still enjoy it but I wished I wasn't feeling like I was in a CDL competition for my level lol