cannot get router speeds on duma

philo3391

Hi 

with my ISP im getting 500 down and close to 100 up on the ps5 when i do a connection test.

after i plug in from iISP to r2 into ps5 my dload is 1Mbps0 and upload is 5Mbps?

how is this happening ? i have done a factory reset . Same issue ?

Thanks.

Phil

• philo3391 changed the title to cannot get router speeds on duma

Can you please first try going to the DumaOS interface and go to QoS -> Congestion Control -> Click the three-line menu in the top left of the Congestion Control panel and click 'Disable QoS'. 

Then, re-test your speeds on the PS5 and see if they're better, if they are, it's a problem with your QoS configuration so we can look into that and resolve it.

If that doesn't help, please go to Device Manager and click the three-line menu in the top left of the device map, then switch to table view and send us a screenshot of the top 'Ports' table.

i just factory reset and disabled qos and now i am gteting full speeds again on dload and upload ?

i have games console set up in traffic prio and can see that working away in the background .

is this the only way now to maintain speeds keep qos off ? Thanks

2 hours ago, philo3391 said:

i just factory reset and disabled qos and now i am gteting full speeds again on dload and upload ?

i have games console set up in traffic prio and can see that working away in the background .

is this the only way now to maintain speeds keep qos off ? Thanks

No, it just tells us there may be an issue with your QoS config. Can you now re-enable QoS and let us know if the speeds drop back down again? If they do, can you provide some screenshots of how QoS is setup currently?

I ran the auto setup before launching and it is set at 99/99   

I have tried auto enable and always still have reduced speeds. 

Bandwidth allocation is split evenly between everything on both upload and download

As stated already I have just the games console in traffic prioritisation. Work from home off   

Are your speeds set correctly in QoS? Could you double check by going to Congestion Control -> Click the three-line menu -> Set Bandwidth Speeds and check they're 500/100 like you said.

Can you also go to Bandwidth Allocation and click the three-line menu there, make sure Share Excess is enabled.

Can you run a Connection Benchmark test on the R2 and send over a screenshot of the results?

Hi Liam I have done all of the above 

Speeds are currently at 476 and 47 this is now showing if I don't use duma qos. 

But when I do use router is 9.8 and 3.8/4 until I disable QOS. 

Shared access is enabled 

And I have attached photo of my connection benchmark test

166670343734538128763305466554.jpg

• Administrators

That explains it then, devices upstream will be pulling bandwidth away from the R2/console, as well as this, QoS works best when it can control the entire network so I would highly recommend you have all devices connected to the R2

anyway i can fix the ping under load ??

is there any changes i can make on the isp modem

i have hard wired items to the isp i cannot just swap accross

there is very little demand from isp not enough to take 230mbs from my dload spead. 

• Administrators

You can fix Ping Under Load by using QoS but it won't be very effective unless all devices are connected. You can put the R2 WAN IP in its DMZ but may still have the issues. Do you have the routers next to each other? Should just be a case of quickly swapping it over. The ISP router may be determining how much bandwidth to allocate to each device so it may limit you in that sense even if other devices aren't being used.

Ok so it all goes back to that. 

I have it in dmz already. 

Unfortunately not I have a cat 6 from sitting room up to attic to a splitter and back down to office/game room .

I don't fancy chasing walls haha I'll play around with it and see what I can do. Thanks for all the help and replies as usual very helpful