MW2 multiplayer beta tested.

l2eactionz

Hello everyone with mw2 not far away. I wanted to let people know about easier lobbies so far from the beta.

Vpn did not work period.

What worked for me from the UK.

Geo filter the circle or poly. On the edge of Italy this server gave me a ping of around 50ms.

This was the only way to negate the 1 second behind and shoot first die first when on a uk server around 18ms ping

Anyone else have this experience or anything to add let me know

Couldn't get a good connection in the beta at all. Second weekend was slightly playable but the first I probably had a total of 5 matches if I combined all the partial matches I played, it was that bad. I'm in AU, we only have 1 datacentre here for cod which is in the same state as me. Can't force anything further away because it's completely unplayable. You guys in Europe are lucky having more options to test out.

One thing I noticed playing around with the bandwidth allocation, the menu in game would read my full bandwidth no matter what I did. I tried only prioritising 30000-65535 udp to avoid the ports which would bypass the bandwidth check in previous titles but it didn't work this time. So maybe they are probing the connection another way to detect bandwidth or my R2 was just playing up.

9 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Couldn't get a good connection in the beta at all. Second weekend was slightly playable but the first I probably had a total of 5 matches if I combined all the partial matches I played, it was that bad. I'm in AU, we only have 1 datacentre here for cod which is in the same state as me. Can't force anything further away because it's completely unplayable. You guys in Europe are lucky having more options to test out.

One thing I noticed playing around with the bandwidth allocation, the menu in game would read my full bandwidth no matter what I did. I tried only prioritising 30000-65535 udp to avoid the ports which would bypass the bandwidth check in previous titles but it didn't work this time. So maybe they are probing the connection another way to detect bandwidth or my R2 was just playing up.

I can't quote on the in game speeds it gives. I always ran an xbox or ps5 test showing my throughput on the console side.

I also tried the low speed to beat lag comp but didn't work.

As you stated you guys only have one server that means the people further away are most likely getting lag comp on the people sitting on top of the server.

I played alot of snd where every kill would count so having a delay was so noticeable. Struggled getting 5 kills in a game.

Changed to Italy getting 50ms ping and I was coming around corners and killing people rather than..... coming around the corner shooting first and then getting shot what felt like once in the leg and I'd be dead.

Warzone is definitely different when it comes to all of this. Vpns work and closer servers help

4 hours ago, l2eactionz said:

I can't quote on the in game speeds it gives. I always ran an xbox or ps5 test showing my throughput on the console side.

I also tried the low speed to beat lag comp but didn't work.

As you stated you guys only have one server that means the people further away are most likely getting lag comp on the people sitting on top of the server.

I played alot of snd where every kill would count so having a delay was so noticeable. Struggled getting 5 kills in a game.

Changed to Italy getting 50ms ping and I was coming around corners and killing people rather than..... coming around the corner shooting first and then getting shot what felt like once in the leg and I'd be dead.

Warzone is definitely different when it comes to all of this. Vpns work and closer servers help

I think if you can force a server to give you a ping between 50-70ms you should ok more often than not. Ever since I started paying attention to connection issues in cod, I found that I always struggled against people living in a city around 1000km away from our servers. I believe they get a 40-50 ping.

MW19 was particularly bad against these people - I ended up running with a group from this city and the main guy had the type of connection where we'd be running together, see a few people, I'd shoot at one but he'd manage to somehow steal my kill after having killed the other person. It was like I was playing slightly in the past lol, the guy I shot at was probably already dead when I started shooting. I'd understand something like this happening if I was playing on an old TV where there's a delay but not on a gaming monitor..

14 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I think if you can force a server to give you a ping between 50-70ms you should ok more often than not. Ever since I started paying attention to connection issues in cod, I found that I always struggled against people living in a city around 1000km away from our servers. I believe they get a 40-50 ping.

MW19 was particularly bad against these people - I ended up running with a group from this city and the main guy had the type of connection where we'd be running together, see a few people, I'd shoot at one but he'd manage to somehow steal my kill after having killed the other person. It was like I was playing slightly in the past lol, the guy I shot at was probably already dead when I started shooting. I'd understand something like this happening if I was playing on an old TV where there's a delay but not on a gaming monitor..

Yeah it is ridiculous probably the reason I stopped alot of multiplayer after black ops 1. I noticed more and more how bad it was getting then. Upgrading to fibre and making my Internet better was actually my down fall lmao

With the server in Italy it makes cod enjoyable on multiplayer doesn't mean I dominate just gives a level playing field or at l3ast icon my end. 

Probably turn out the Italians on there own server getting delay and that's why I'm killing more people haha its ridiculous that it's like this but as more stuff has been figured out and uncovered it's got worse.

I'd rather be playing cod 4 with host migration sure the host had a nice advantage over everyone but the rest of the lobby depended on there speed to the host

Obviously this would need to be tested in full release rather than just the beta.

How do you force servers in Italy from other locations? Do you just put a poly over Italy on the Geo Filter map?

Also if playing in a party, would you have to host the lobby? 

On 10/22/2022 at 5:00 PM, K0NSPIRACY said:

Obviously this would need to be tested in full release rather than just the beta.

How do you force servers in Italy from other locations? Do you just put a poly over Italy on the Geo Filter map?

Also if playing in a party, would you have to host the lobby? 

Yeah I just geo Italy Spain and France they give me a ping in game around 45 50 that seems to be the best way so far to beat the lag comp in my eyes and now playing full release same situation.

If they had a leaderboard I'd probably have over a 5kd at this rate loving it haha

1 hour ago, l2eactionz said:

Yeah I just geo Italy Spain and France they give me a ping in game around 45 50 that seems to be the best way so far to beat the lag comp in my eyes and now playing full release same situation.

If they had a leaderboard I'd probably have over a 5kd at this rate loving it haha

Do you have to be lobby host if playing with friends that don’t have R2?

On Friday the game felt crisp and I was dominating (UK) lobbies, but played a few games last night and the lag compensation was clearly there and very frustrating feeling like you’re behind other players.

1 minute ago, alex.devine said:

Add your friends to the Allow list, go into the party and they will show as peers. (Before entering a game)

Ok will do…but do I still have to host?

In Halo Infinite, if my UK friends hosted and the game tried to put us on US servers then I’d be unable to join the game with my geo filter set to UK only. 

1 hour ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Do you have to be lobby host if playing with friends that don’t have R2?

On Friday the game felt crisp and I was dominating (UK) lobbies, but played a few games last night and the lag compensation was clearly there and very frustrating feeling like you’re behind other players.

Yeah first day I don't even know if sbmm was there or lag comp I was dominating every match wish it stayed like it lol.

Shouldn't be penalised for good connection. 

Yeah always host if you have geo set up otherwise they will get into a UK server potentially and you will be kicked from the group as your router won't let you go into it.

Vpn also confirm works on multiplayer not for easier lobbies as such but for some reason much better aim assist and bullet detection. Tried without vpn and It felt like I had turned off aim assist completely. 

I don't know how sbmm fully works but I've seen people mention aim assist being reduced if better and it definitely feels that way sometimes.

I vpn ports 1 to 5000 udp and then tcp this just covers all low end ports incase 3074 and 443 isn't all you need. Then you still get max throughput to local servers as you won't be vpn'd all the way to Argentina lmao.

Also evening is noticeable for connection due to servers being full but also the uk being used heavily creats congestion in some way I guess. If I play morning and afternoon vs evening big difference.

Tried geo filter to cover Italy and Spain but could not find any games at all. It was approx 2:30am GMT so not sure if this would be an issue so will try again in the evening time.

SBMM has kicked in hard for me now playing solo, and it’s not enjoyable being matched against entire teams of wanna be COD pros that insta kill me before I’ve even had chance to ADS.

Also tried disabling crossplay in Xbox settings and it worked…but it was probably the most horrific COD experience I’ve ever had being matched against players way above my skill level.