Advanced Warfare Xbox one with Netduma

john22rob

So ive watched quite a few of the members videos and have been really impressed by the connection quality and how well they played. they fill me with envy!

so I decided I should record my own game play (using xbox one and uploading to onedrive, not that easy!)

the game plays horrible regardless of ping, host, server.

Clip one, this got gradually worse as it felt I was getting further and further behind the other players, dying quicker and quicker. 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC31CA0D4A60586!133&authkey=!ADXEZ2GzySbtzVM&ithint=video%2cmp4

the second clip, I rage quit after being 6 for 20 odd

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CC31CA0D4A60586!132&authkey=!AEWQjiIrToAVrfc&ithint=video%2cmp4

if any one has any tips on why it plays so horribly bad than I would appreciate it. I find that I get into a lobby once every few days and it play how it should do, not often enough.

I got the net duma Monday, no difference in game play. both clips above are while using the net duma.

thanks

John

• Administrators

I've watched both your videos, it seems like these are on similar low ping servers like we got in our 1 on 1 yesterday evening as you do have a 4 bar connection. Maybe I'm just being stupid but I can't see any noticeable lag really, I don't get a chance to play much though so could just be me, hopefully someone who plays more than I do can comment more accurately on this.

Also please provide us with this information as we can't really diagnose gameplay http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=lag_support_instructions

I tried black ops 2 but could t find a game. I don't have any other call of duty games on Xbox one.

Does the 360 advanced warfare use dedicated servers? I still have the 360 but I would t be that happy using it!

What are your Netduma Internet Diagnostic results ? just to make sure its not an isp issue.

I play on Bops2 on the 360 and there is always between 60,000 - 120,000 online at any given time.

I was on black ops 2 on Xbox one, tdm had most players online at 1100 worldwide! There was 5000 in total.

My netduma internet diagnostics are perfect. I just die in what feels like 1 bullet yet I keep getting hit markers and no kill. Insta death, most cases I don't even get to fire a bullet.

As for ISP I have changed every year for the last 3 years, had two lines at one point. Played no different. They all can't be crap. Been with plusnet, Sky, Talktalk, Primus and BT

• Netduma Staff

The game doesn't look too laggy. I would agree with Dioni who said that it is just AW.

If the ping was low in the game then that is all the Netduma can do to improve the gameplay :) I'm sure that would be better then some 100ms host over sees or something although I can see what the things that happened in those games would be frustrating.

Advanced Warfare in general has very, very bad matchmaking. Don't be at all surprised if you're noticing lag, latency or disconnections, or not even being able to find games on certain playlists. It's a known issue that I've seen reported multiple times. They place 'skill' above connection quality in AW.

Archived