XR1000 - Geo Filter is not working in Fortnite

• Administrators

We haven't changed anything on our end, try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works. Also, if you're not aware, the way that Fortnite matchmaking works is that it will only try to connect to a server when it's loading into the pre-game run around lobby so the fastest way to filter would actually be to disable Filtering Mode but use it to see where the game puts you - if it is too far away or the ping is too high then quit and re-search - this will be faster than waiting for it to kick you.

I will give it a try, i just want to see which server they put me in , as i have games with very very good ping and other games with higher ping. I just need to see it , that is all. It was working 3-4 months ago and I haven't changed anything to it...that is why is strange that now suddenly it stopped showing.

thanks, will report back once i am following your steps.

It is not working.

Not sure what happened but nothing works anymore. i have purchased an XR1000 just to move away from Xr500 and all the problems we had with it. But there are other problems here too...

I am just too tired to reboot, setup again, reboot , setup again... before it was working without much headache! 

11 hours ago, Xdrqgol said:

It is not working.

Not sure what happened but nothing works anymore. i have purchased an XR1000 just to move away from Xr500 and all the problems we had with it. But there are other problems here too...

I am just too tired to reboot, setup again, reboot , setup again... before it was working without much headache! 

So you're not seeing any icons on the map at all? 

What device are you playing on? Could you double check that device is definitely connected to the XR1000 and it hasn't connected to the upstream router/modem? This may happen if using Wi-Fi.

Could you please provide a screenshot of how you've got Geo-filter configured exactly?

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

So you're not seeing any icons on the map at all? 

What device are you playing on? Could you double check that device is definitely connected to the XR1000 and it hasn't connected to the upstream router/modem? This may happen if using Wi-Fi.

Could you please provide a screenshot of how you've got Geo-filter configured exactly?

This is my PC - connected directly to the XR 1000 router and not through wifi . Attached files, nothing is showing in the GEO Filter.  
*There is no other router , i am using Xr1000

DUMAOS2.thumb.JPG.7e679c9b00c4b04052547da65b5f64c0.JPG

DUMAOS1.thumb.JPG.2c59313584fdd128693561e54afbb00d.JPG

• Administrators

The main functionality of the router won't be changed by cloud updates, only by firmware, for the Geo-Filter we only update the classification so whether it's a peer or server, the location of a peer/server and whether we add a server to the whitelist or updating a service but none of those would have affected it. 

On the PC itself take a look at the IP address then on the Device Manager look at the device you believe to be the PC, do the IPs match?

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The main functionality of the router won't be changed by cloud updates, only by firmware, for the Geo-Filter we only update the classification so whether it's a peer or server, the location of a peer/server and whether we add a server to the whitelist or updating a service but none of those would have affected it. 

On the PC itself take a look at the IP address then on the Device Manager look at the device you believe to be the PC, do the IPs match?

They do match, i have looked before . This is probably the first thing i checked before posting here...

I understand but sincerely , knowing how you guys  :D ,  i think something is wrong. I will flash the router again with the latest firmware and do the setup again but this is a HUGE waste of time... thanks for your support.

Also i cannot understand why you are fiddling with a feature that was working. Make it better for your customers but it is beyond me to be honest.

You know right that this "feature" can be easily done on any computer , doesn't depend on the router right? you know that?This is NEVER specific to DUMA OS, anyone can have it running on their own computer.

You lost customers, and you will lose more ...not sure what you guys trying to do here , but i have invested in bought 2 routers. I loved the fact that i was able to block servers on FIFA , now I cannot block them because some SMART guy from your side did a change because he was considering that we were cheating. 
Trust me , did you guys fix the problem of cheating in FIFA? NO , i tell you! Bunch of monkeys! |People are still cheating way worse this this feature was working.

Now it doesn't work in Fortnite, i just want to locate what server i am connecting because it works good at times but then it works very bad...I just want to  check , I DO NOT WANT to CHEAT , just want to see WHERE THE FUCKING SERVER IS LOCATED.

Yes I am upset, because if I wanted to cheat, it costed me 10$ not 200 euros and headache of a new router.

I have seen others people comments, and your comments - people messaged me in private saying the same - You had a nice feature that was working, you nailed that in the coffin! 

Congrats for that real success!

• Administrators

As I mentioned, we haven't changed anything on our end and anything we can/do change is to ensure it continues functioning in the correct way, otherwise it can become outdated. The only anti-cheat feature we have is that when you add a peer to the deny list that it takes 2 minutes to take affect after you're disconnected from the host, that's been in place since 2014. We've not accused you of cheating nor have we put anything in place that would have prevented you doing any kind of filtering. 

The issue you're having right now is isolated to your router, if it was something we had done then everyone would be affected (we can't specify routers to apply a cloud update to) and we'd very quickly be inundated with posts. Has it worked after re-updating/resetting?

@Netduma Fraser after losing some hours, i have made the changes and , now i can see some servers.

*I play on PC

- i have added the PC as a Playstation manualy otherwise the Geo Filter is not working which is SHIT

BUT its showing me the servers now and I will detail below what kind of issues I have now:

I boot the game , and i can see where servers are and I pick a location: for example UK or France 

Every time I search for a game, on the UK /France server - again this happens no matter the selection - it redirects me to Germany server which I have blocked. No matter what server i pick it always redirects me to Germany server.
Even more, the game remains blocked and i have to restart the game because , even though the server is blocked, the game still connects to it and remains hanged until i restart it. I cannot do anything from that point.

Again, this proving that you guys changed something to the GEO FILTER and is not working as before. 

ON PC , we should use the GEO FILTER as normal, not adding it as a PlayStation or whatever hack we have to do

• Administrators

As I mentioned in my first post, the way that Fortnite matchmaking works (and has always worked) is that it will only try to connect to a server when it's loading into the pre-game run around lobby so the fastest way to filter would actually be to disable Filtering Mode but use it to see where the game puts you - if it is too far away or the ping is too high then quit and re-search - this will be faster than waiting for it to kick you. Also looks like there are a few servers around Europe so if you do the search method I've described I'm sure you will get onto a server you want. 

17 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As I mentioned in my first post, the way that Fortnite matchmaking works (and has always worked) is that it will only try to connect to a server when it's loading into the pre-game run around lobby so the fastest way to filter would actually be to disable Filtering Mode but use it to see where the game puts you - if it is too far away or the ping is too high then quit and re-search - this will be faster than waiting for it to kick you. Also looks like there are a few servers around Europe so if you do the search method I've described I'm sure you will get onto a server you want. 

IT does NOT work.... I have tried this , and I am constantly canceling matchmaking and restarting and i never get on other server than the one in germany, NO MATTER what I do. before this was working, now is not... you guys changed something... sad but this is the reality. 

Your solution doesn't seem to promote GEO Filter at all... like what i suppose to do? load game, alt tab check where is connecting me and alt tab and ... BRO wake UP! I need to put the geo filter and enjoy the game, not alt tab ... 

Your product is trash, that is the story, you fked it up!

I am so disappointing , will never buy a product from you guys ever again. my mistake cause I invested again and again.

• Administrators

We haven't changed anything on our end, you can put the Geo-Filter and leave it on if you want to and it will filter but it will just take longer for you to get kicked back to the lobby if it blocks a server outside your radius - give it a go and see if you can get a non German server more easily. Games often reduce the amount of servers during off peak times and bring more online during peak times so it could be the case here as well which is why it's trying to get you on the same one each time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...