extreme packet loss only on router

xiiMaGzx

Not sure why but it started happening out of no where, so i did the same test hook directly into my modem and its has 0% packet loss for 30min in the test so it cant be isp. please help me, i did a factory reset.

image.png

8 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are ALL devices on the network connected to the R2, or are some connected upstream?

Can you think of any configuration changes you've made recently on the R2?

I got two pcs connected to the modem (one is in the picks but both have the packet loss), dont know what connected through upstream means but all of it is on the r2. Only thing i changed from the factory reset is disabled sync flood protection and port scan protection, since before I did this I would lose internet when DHCP would change (last version).

• Administrators

What is the model of the ISP modem/router the R2 is connected to? 

It's not necessary to know but if you're interested upstream means anything 'above' the R2 so the modem is upstream and downstream would be anything connected 'behind' the R2. It's easier to make sense of if you think of your physical setup in a line e.g.:

Upstream < -  modem > R2 > devices  -> downstream

or you can think of it as if you were to download something it would go through the modem, to the R2 and then to your devices and if you were to upload it would go from your device, through the R2, up through the modem etc.