Apex and geofilter

Sukhi

Hi, 

When i play apex and i have a geofilter on. If im playing with friend, it kicks me out the server before we get into the match. It sucks when we play ranked. 

• Administrators

It likely doesn't work like other games and because your friend can connect to the server it will allow them in and block you, the only way around that I can think of where you still use the Geo-Filter is to have your friend use the Geo-Filter as well but that would require them purchasing a router.

Oh okay. So it not like cod, where it will force us to that a certain server. 

Is there anything else i can do to decrease ping then?

• Administrators

Yes exactly. The game does have server selection so you could try with that alone without the Geo-Filter and have you both select the same server, you can keep the Geo-Filter with filtering off so you can still see the server and ping to verify it has connected you to the correct one. Other than that really fine tuning your QoS settings will keep your ping low and stable.

In apex legends if u pick Frankfurt server.

the game puts u in server inside the EU.

If u set geofilter the  game still matchmake u inside eu.if the netduma blocks the new server u disconnect before u connect to the new server.

so geo filter doesent help much.

u always disconnect on all servers u block.i did search for frankfurt only and did search 10 times and still he connected me to uk oder NL servers and disconnected me.

10 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

In apex legends if u pick Frankfurt server.

the game puts u in server inside the EU.

If u set geofilter the  game still matchmake u inside eu.if the netduma blocks the new server u disconnect before u connect to the new server.

so geo filter doesent help much.

u always disconnect on all servers u block.i did search for frankfurt only and did search 10 times and still he connected me to uk oder NL servers and disconnected me.

You can set your filter radius to cover the area that you have selected in-game. If your filter blocks this region, then you won't be able to get on to a server.

That will be the case for all games, if you block a server you won't be able connect to it.