Trouble with Apple devices after 3.2.453 firmware update

Zaxtoy

I updated to 3.2.453 about 10 days ago.  Everything is fine on my wired computers.  My iPad and iPhone do fine with the speed test app(200Mbps), but both have terrible browser problems as of the update.    Both safari and Firefox browsers hang up on many websites.  About 10% of the time I can reload and with some delay the page will load.  Most of the time the pages permanently hang after the status bar shows about 1/3 loaded.  In addition, as soon as I shut off WIFI and turn on Cellular, everything instantly goes back to normal.  I am on the latest version of OS on all devices.  I should also mention that other apps like Youtube are functioning normally, it is just the browsers that choke.  Any help would be appreciated.    

I did disable the private address option and that made it a little better.  However, its still a big problem.  I am now seeing similar problems with my wired Mac as well.  Not having any problems with windows machines at all.    Should I go back to the previous firmware on the R2?

• Administrators

Could you try on the affected devices to manually set the DNS on the device itself, not on the router and see if that makes a difference please as we've had some reports about that and the symptoms of your issue sound similar.

I assigned an IP address instead of letting the R2 DNS do it.  I assume that is what you meant.  It did not make any difference.  If you don't have any other ideas to try, I am going to go back to the previous firmware version.  Thanks

• Administrators

DNS doesn't have anything to do with the device IP address, on your phone go on WiFi:

1. Click the 'i' next to the R2 network
  2. Private Address should still be off
  3. Scroll down to Configure DNS and click on it
  4. Then switch to manual and delete the ones currently input
  5. Click Add server and enter 1.1.1.1
  6. Click Add server and enter 1.0.0.1
  7. Click Save top right

Then see if it works correctly

• 3 months later...