uncaught undefined geo filter, invalid firmware signature

Ameryjr

hello duma

so a few weeks ago i rebooted my netduma r1 on version 3.0.207 & my geo filter wouldnt work after that, the page kept saying uncaught undefined and to contact you guys, i factory resetted my router and still got that error. i then emailed liam and came to conclusion if i just redownloaded the firmware it would solve this issue, but when attempting to redownload the firmware the router said the firmware had an invalid signature and to contact you guys. the pc i have always used tanked on me so im using this acer chromebook laptop.

ive done extensive research on how to resolve this issue and nothing has worked for me. 

anyway i can get a dev to access my router and fix this? everything works besides my geo filter & i cant seem to upgrade the router due to an invalid signature and says to upgrade upload using valid firmware. 

after factory resetting multiple times, ive cleared cache, changed rapps to 5 tries, tried incognito mode to load geo filter or upgrade firmware, tried upgrading after reboots and factory resets,nothing seems to work. help me duma i miss my geo filter!!!!!

Now I am receiving this, if I reboot my router I have to factory reset it, reset up everything... I've done this 3 times. If I reboot the router none of my devices will access the WiFi. Maybe my r1 is finally taking a dump😭🤣

Screenshot_20220602-002946.jpg

When attempting to resync the adblocker cloud, it doesn't resync and I can't enable adblocker. I've also resync cloud in device manager. After rebooting and factory resetting I do wait up to 5 minutes before trying anything. I have never had issues with my router if I did, I fixed it within minutes. Never has my router seemed crippled as this

I took a screenshot on my phone to relay the recent error. But I always use a desktop with chrome. Never had these issues in the past. Taking a screenshot on my phone is easier than adding a file on those weird Chromebooks that are so limited 😭🤣 before I tank this router I'm going to see what you guys have to say and get a new Windows computer. Not having my PC when I most need it is so frustrating 🙏 #EmotionalDamage

• Administrators

I'm not sure what link you used to download .207 but this is the correct one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4kcynmo3glplp/DumaOS-R1-3.0.207.sig?dl=0 if you did use this link then it is possible the Chromebook has altered it somehow, in which case using a Windows PC and then upgrading from there should work just fine. When you factory reset how do you do it, via the interface or by using the hardware button?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'm not sure what link you used to download .207 but this is the correct one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8z4kcynmo3glplp/DumaOS-R1-3.0.207.sig?dl=0 if you did use this link then it is possible the Chromebook has altered it somehow, in which case using a Windows PC and then upgrading from there should work just fine. When you factory reset how do you do it, via the interface or by using the hardware button?

I've done both methods Fraser preferably the pinhole in the back, apologies for messaging on the other thread. The Chromebook said the response failed so I made a post😭 Chromebooks man.. I was thinking the same thing Fraser! I do appreciate this. I'm going to buy a Windows PC today, I'll respond if I was able to fix this. I should have no problem with a Windows desktop 

I won't ever change my company when it comes to my router! If I get any other router it's the r2 or xr1000 but I prefer these r series🔥 I believe this is the best product and I share you guys with every gamer or tech wizard I've met! Stay being the best duma. 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Alright keep us posted and hopefully that will do it! That is awesome to hear, really glad you like what we are doing!

still no luck, i bought a new pc, using windows 11, chrome up to date, i used the link you shared above still getting invalid signature, i have no access to my geo filter as well and my network settings i cant access from the interface either...

nothing in my set up has changed, after a simple reboot one day, it started doing this

i did factory reset again from pinhole and try and still the same thing

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

• Administrators

That is peculiar, could you factory reset from the interface, then access it as quickly as possible, speed through the wizard and try the upgrade immediately, I'm hoping the speed of doing it will allow it to go through

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is peculiar, could you factory reset from the interface, then access it as quickly as possible, speed through the wizard and try the upgrade immediately, I'm hoping the speed of doing it will allow it to go through

Okay I will do this right now 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

this did not work

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think we'll have to get the team to try and access and see what is happening on Monday. Could you enable remote support in WAN Settings please 

It's enabled by default, if I attempt to change anything on wan, like untick synflood I get locked out of my router and nothing works. So it's enabled by default 🙏

On 6/3/2022 at 11:15 PM, Ameryjr said:

It's enabled by default, if I attempt to change anything on wan, like untick synflood I get locked out of my router and nothing works. So it's enabled by default 🙏

Unfortunately accessing the R1s nowadays is quite complicated as they're a little older. The developer I'll need to assist with this is currently on holiday.

One thing I think is worth trying though would be to disconnect the WAN cable from the R1 and also disconnect all other devices such that only your PC is connected to it.

If you could perhaps then also try the upgrade through Edge, that may make things a little clearer. Could you perhaps let us know if that helps?

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Unfortunately accessing the R1s nowadays is quite complicated as they're a little older. The developer I'll need to assist with this is currently on holiday.

One thing I think is worth trying though would be to disconnect the WAN cable from the R1 and also disconnect all other devices such that only your PC is connected to it.

If you could perhaps then also try the upgrade through Edge, that may make things a little clearer. Could you perhaps let us know if that helps?

I believe I did do this, but another try shouldn't hurt! I understand when it comes to the r1 how it's older! I just love your guys product so regardless if my r1 is taking a dump. I'm going to most likely just buy the r2🔥 there isn't any other company that can compare or compete with with you guys. #Netduma

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

sadly no luck

On 6/6/2022 at 2:34 AM, Netduma Liam said:

any update? ive continued to factory reset, use different browsers, even changing the sig file to be accessed by anything didnt work so i deleted that and redownloaded the4 firmware and didnt edit it. redownloading the firmware from the firmware page and what you have dropped in the beta tester forums.  no geo filter, ping heat map, access to my lan page. i get rpc errors or uncaught and undefined. i looked at my routers flsh usage and theres no space. i cleaned the storage and it didnt make a difference. keeps saying in the logs to refer to an admin. or when i try to update, still invalid signature. 

Sat Jun 11 12:52:19 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: RPC call 'get_upnp' exception 'bad argument #1 to 'open' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'open' ?: in function <?:44> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30>   

heres my geo filter log  

Sat Jun 11 12:56:00 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: Some of the cleanup calls for com.netdumasoftware.geofilter failed. Sat Jun 11 12:55:59 2022 user.err syslog: installing geoip failed because 'ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc7 -u 7 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?Sat Jun 11 12:55:59 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc7 -u 7 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:59 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in cleanup 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': bad argument #4 to 'format' (integer expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'format' ?: in function 'geofilter_chain_name' ?: in function 'create_geofilter_chain_templates' ?: in function 'uninstall_gf' ?: in function 'cleanup' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:436> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:433> ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:59 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: ---- rapp end com.netdumasoftware.geofilter, #cstack 31 #res 31, flushing Sat Jun 11 12:55:59 2022 local5.info geoip-daemon[5148]: verdict marking: 1 shift: 10 Sat Jun 11 12:55:54 2022 user.info syslog: Cloudsync Geofilter result 'true','Cloud is up to date' Sat Jun 11 12:55:51 2022 user.warn syslog: websocket failed with 'address already in use' Sat Jun 11 12:55:51 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.dpiclass' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:51 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.devicemanager' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.procmanager: Restarting 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' for 4 time Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: Some of the cleanup calls for com.netdumasoftware.geofilter failed. Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.err syslog: installing geoip failed because 'ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc6 -u 6 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc6 -u 6 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in cleanup 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': bad argument #4 to 'format' (integer expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'format' ?: in function 'geofilter_chain_name' ?: in function 'create_geofilter_chain_templates' ?: in function 'uninstall_gf' ?: in function 'cleanup' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:436> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:433> ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:50 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: ---- rapp end com.netdumasoftware.geofilter, #cstack 31 #res 31, flushing Sat Jun 11 12:55:49 2022 local5.info geoip-daemon[4847]: verdict marking: 1 shift: 10 Sat Jun 11 12:55:44 2022 user.info syslog: Cloudsync Geofilter result 'true','Cloud is up to date' Sat Jun 11 12:55:41 2022 user.warn syslog: websocket failed with 'address already in use' Sat Jun 11 12:55:41 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.dpiclass' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:41 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.devicemanager' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:40 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.procmanager: Restarting 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' for 3 time Sat Jun 11 12:55:40 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: Some of the cleanup calls for com.netdumasoftware.geofilter failed. Sat Jun 11 12:55:39 2022 user.err syslog: installing geoip failed because 'ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc5 -u 5 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?Sat Jun 11 12:55:39 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc5 -u 5 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:39 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in cleanup 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': bad argument #4 to 'format' (integer expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'format' ?: in function 'geofilter_chain_name' ?: in function 'create_geofilter_chain_templates' ?: in function 'uninstall_gf' ?: in function 'cleanup' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:436> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:433> ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:39 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: ---- rapp end com.netdumasoftware.geofilter, #cstack 31 #res 31, flushing Sat Jun 11 12:55:39 2022 local5.info geoip-daemon[4500]: verdict marking: 1 shift: 10 Sat Jun 11 12:55:34 2022 user.info syslog: Cloudsync Geofilter result 'true','Cloud is up to date' Sat Jun 11 12:55:30 2022 user.warn syslog: websocket failed with 'address already in use' Sat Jun 11 12:55:30 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.dpiclass' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:30 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.geofilter: subscribe to 'com.netdumasoftware.devicemanager' from 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' Sat Jun 11 12:55:30 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.procmanager: Restarting 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter' for 2 time Sat Jun 11 12:55:30 2022 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: Some of the cleanup calls for com.netdumasoftware.geofilter failed. Sat Jun 11 12:55:29 2022 user.err syslog: installing geoip failed because 'ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc4 -u 4 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?Sat Jun 11 12:55:29 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -d -n /usr/networks -g /usr/geoseq -i 1.2.3.4 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc4 -u 4 -s 10' failed with 1 stack traceback: ?: in function '__new__' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:469> (tail call): ? ?: in function 'safe_execute' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:228> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function 'install_gf' ?: in function 'init' ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:29 2022 user.info syslog: Exception caught in cleanup 'com.netdumasoftware.geofilter': bad argument #4 to 'format' (integer expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'format' ?: in function 'geofilter_chain_name' ?: in function 'create_geofilter_chain_templates' ?: in function 'uninstall_gf' ?: in function 'cleanup' ?: in function '?' ?: in function <?:436> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:433> ?: in function 'Sat Jun 11 12:55:29 2022 user.info com.netdumasoftware.autoadmin: ---- rapp end com.netdumasoftware.geofilter, #cstack 31 #res 31, flushing