Bandwidth Allocation not saving settings

every time I change bandwidth allocation it never locks my settings in after applying. I will go back and check it and everything is reset again. 

1.0.0.64_1.0.49 I wait about 20 seconds after I apply it. 

sorry off topic:

Do you think if I lower my speeds from 1GIG Up/Down to 500/500Mbps the router could handle the buffers better and give me less bufferbloat? I feel like the XR1000 CPU is being pushed to the limit's and down grading my internet to save a few bucks will give me better performance over all? I was just thinking this would benefit me now until I get a router with a stronger CPU and more ram. 

• Administrators

Just to clarify, there are two views, devices and applications - it does not save the view you were looking at so it may appear that it hasn't saved but if you change the view back it will have - is that what has happened?

I don't think necessarily that is the case, bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated - this is harder to do when you have higher speeds and it won't happen if you're using Congestion Control.

It wont save for both the views. I will apply my percentages for my desktop and when I come back after awhile everything is back to stock settings. 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Kwee said:

It wont save for both the views. I will apply my percentages for my desktop and when I come back after awhile everything is back to stock settings. 

Are you trying to set percentages for both devices and applications at the same time?

This is effectively one of the major problems in this firmware... it's even worst than .58 !!! I switched back to .52 as this is the last less broken firmware that give us a decent gaming experience aka way less shoot first die first scenarios vs .58 and .64 (even with the major ipv6 problem disconnecting every ipv6 devices from one to multiple times a day (so you need to reboot xr1000 daily to enjoy your ipv6)) Note that you also can't properly factory reset while on .64 like on .58  ;)(as it remains old settings) so to properly factory reset you'll need to get back on .52 or older and then it will properly factory reset all settings !!! Also DON'T SETUP via NIGHTHAWK APP on any firmware after .52 as it cause even more problems !!!

ps: Even if you don't see the ''Applying'' box showing it still applies the slidders... just set your qos to Always then change both slidders to 1 and then refresh the page and now do a speedtest... you should get proper speed based on your line... change both slidders to 70 then refresh page and do another speedtest... now you confirm that it did applied even without the notification box showing Applying !!! 

PS::: When you change the slidders and hit refresh the page... only press once on refresh and wait.... Because if the setting you've changed already applied then the page will start refreshing instantaneously when ya'll hit refresh.... but if it still is applying your changes then it will take a couple of seconds for the page to start refreshing because the apply task is still finishing its job before the next job aka ''page refresh''  ;)  Same goes for a pc... if you press reboot or power off... it will do it instantly if no task is running important tasks in backgroud and it will take more time when there is an important task in the background (important like an update)

The reason i said it's a major problem is because the qos is still broken like never before and even the auto optimisation is also still broken and pretend that my under 10ms lines are not good at all and they need 50 download and 99 upload  :o ... with only 1 pc on a docsis 3.1, 454mb down and 56mb upload or on second setup on a ftth, -1ms 1.5gb download 1gb upload ... the ftth line have spikes in the 300ms only on download...! The docsis 3.1 line have download falsely pretending its in +50ms (on a less than 10ms line !!!) and it's being breaking our lines since .58 but that problem came prior to .58 but it was less broken than since .58 .... and still while gaming it brings it to around 20ms down while the upload always is around 10ms and even lower more to 4-6ms while gaming !!! Well on .64 both are low aka the download part seems to be working better so the top stress download gives max 20ms compared to 50ms even if line didn't changed and also that downgrading/upgrading firmwares can let you confirm the differences on your actual setup and always gives the same problems and/or output aka i flashed xr1000 over 10 times in last 3 weeks and always same exact behaviors and same exact +50ms on stress download only while the upload always is under 10ms. So the problem is that even if now their tool detect a bit better than before... now we back to Shoot first die first at all times even with only 1 pc hooked on xr1000 on a 454mb down and 56mb up line and with slidders set to everything. Auto optimisation still give 52/99 as top result...!  

So by simply downgrading to .52... factory reset... setup via lan not via nighthawk app... setting up the same exact settings as always with every dumaos routers we have... the qos is broken still(pretend stress download is +50ms on a -10ms line AH AH AH) but we can enjoy decent gaming experience... no shoot first die first... slidders to 80 down and 98 upload works the best the xr1000 have been pushing since it's been created...