Sudden 8ms ping increase on benchmark and Ping Heatmap. Help.

Lately, I used to run powerline adapters to connect to my PC. I opted to go with an ethernet cable to go upstairs from the router downstairs to my PC. I could see that the ping improved. However the last few days, on PIng Heatmap and Connection Benchmark, the ping has increased by atleast 8ms and nothing seems to correct it. Before, my ping used to sit around 24ms on connection benchmark and now frequently sits at 32. The closest warzone server always used to be 27ms and now has jumped to 35ms constant.This is at all times of the day and with no other devices in used with the router. I updated to the latest firmware (2.3.2.134) on the XR500 to no change also. Do you reckon this is anything I can change on the router side or would it be my isp side? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

59 minutes ago, Ezi-Pzi said:

Lately, I used to run powerline adapters to connect to my PC. I opted to go with an ethernet cable to go upstairs from the router downstairs to my PC. I could see that the ping improved. However the last few days, on PIng Heatmap and Connection Benchmark, the ping has increased by atleast 8ms and nothing seems to correct it. Before, my ping used to sit around 24ms on connection benchmark and now frequently sits at 32. The closest warzone server always used to be 27ms and now has jumped to 35ms constant.This is at all times of the day and with no other devices in used with the router. I updated to the latest firmware (2.3.2.134) on the XR500 to no change also. Do you reckon this is anything I can change on the router side or would it be my isp side? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

Have there been any other changes in the network that you can think of? If you revert back to powerline adapters does the ping remain slightly higher or does it drop down back to where it was before? Do you know what category of ethernet cable you're using?

40 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Have there been any other changes in the network that you can think of? If you revert back to powerline adapters does the ping remain slightly higher or does it drop down back to where it was before? Do you know what category of ethernet cable you're using?

There have been no know network issues at all. I reverted back to the powerline adapter and its still stuck at the 35ms. The ethernet that I used is, "Cat7 Flat cable RoHS". I went and checked the cable. 

OK cool, thanks for letting us know. That all sounds good to me.

Are you using QoS? If so, how do you currently have it configured?

Are all devices on the network connected to the XR or are some still connected to your modem?

Have you recently added any new devices to the network?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK cool, thanks for letting us know. That all sounds good to me.

Are you using QoS? If so, how do you currently have it configured?

Are all devices on the network connected to the XR or are some still connected to your modem?

Have you recently added any new devices to the network?

No new devices added to network and also I don't currently have QoS active or any parameters set. All devices are connected to the XR500 excluding one Securty Camera that is connected via WiFi on ISP router. Download and upload are still the same as I was getting. Just don't understand the jump in ping. 

• Administrators

I suspect it's probably on the ISP side if nothing has changed on yours, check what the in game ping is on the game through the router (if different from the above), then see what it is when you play directly from the modem

54 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Ezi-Pzi 

Probably your Isp has changed your dl/ul channel from fast path to interleaved.

Can you explain a bit more about that for me? Does that increase ping even though it hasn't changed any up and down speeds?