XR700 vs XR1000

13 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK cool, and in this configuration the XR700 was handling PPPoE correct?

Yes. It all worked perfectly. It is odd that the XR700 works with the PPPoE and the XR1000 doesn't lol. Anyway,  I am not going to leave it like that, I will just use the XR1000 by itself for the moment and pop the XR700 in a cupboard until the new firmware comes out. I seem to be having issues setting up games to work with it and I have given up there. The XR1000 firmware is undoubtedly a lot better than the XR700's anyway. The newer firmware for the XR700 ( DumaOS 3.0 ) is good but until someone convinces me that the Congestion Control works I am not going to flash that in again. It would be great if someone could repeat my experiments in the XR700 to check. Basically the test I did for the XR1000 needs to be repeated for the XR700 + DumaOS 3.0.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Harley said:

Yes. It all worked perfectly. It is odd that the XR700 works with the PPPoE and the XR1000 doesn't lol. Anyway,  I am not going to leave it like that, I will just use the XR1000 by itself for the moment and pop the XR700 in a cupboard until the new firmware comes out. I seem to be having issues setting up games to work with it and I have given up there. The XR1000 firmware is undoubtedly a lot better than the XR700's anyway. The newer firmware for the XR700 ( DumaOS 3.0 ) is good but until someone convinces me that the Congestion Control works I am not going to flash that in again. It would be great if someone could repeat my experiments in the XR700 to check. Basically the test I did for the XR1000 needs to be repeated for the XR700 + DumaOS 3.0.

Essentially the 3.0 version on the XR700 is the only one still in beta so it is a little behind the other routers but we will get that sorted!

23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Essentially the 3.0 version on the XR700 is the only one still in beta so it is a little behind the other routers but we will get that sorted!

Do you want me to repeat the experiment with the XR700 with the DumaOS 3.0?? I mean I did do it initially and found the Congestion Control is not working, but I didn't provide the proof so to speak ( pics ). Don't be afraid to say no, I mean I don't want to go through the process if you are only interested in the version you guys have in beta test.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Harley said:

Do you want me to repeat the experiment with the XR700 with the DumaOS 3.0?? I mean I did do it initially and found the Congestion Control is not working, but I didn't provide the proof so to speak ( pics ). Don't be afraid to say no, I mean I don't want to go through the process if you are only interested in the version you guys have in beta test.

Personally I would say it isn't worth it, that version is so far behind where we are at the moment that it probably wouldn't be very helpful.