Possible issues with Starlink?

BKxLounge

I am posting here because it seems to be an issue with the netduma R1, starlink, google chromecast and casting servers like netflix.

I just hooked up my Starlink system to the R1. I changed the name of the Starlink Router and made a new password to remove all other devices ( Starlink doesn't have a hide wifi display yet). After connecting the R1 and connecting all the devices, the wife was using the Chromecast with no issues and then it just stopped. We tried factory resetting the Chromecast and resetting up the system to connect to the R1 but the Chromecast gives the error "unable to connect to internet check router and wifi". I looked into the chrome help site and I went through their trouble shooting and nothing worked so I FR the Chromecast again and went through connecting it directly to the Starlink, thinking it was an issue with internet speed ?maybe? but it connected to the Starlink router with no issues and the wife is now happily watching Netflix.

This is what makes me think there is something going on with R1 > Starlink> Chromecast.

If anyone could give me a hand it would be fantastic.

Also, the error we were getting with Netflix when trying to connect after it stopped was Netflix Error SSCR-S4010-2203-2473-G

Thanks for any information or advice/help.

9 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

I am posting here because it seems to be an issue with the netduma R1, starlink, google chromecast and casting servers like netflix.

I just hooked up my Starlink system to the R1. I changed the name of the Starlink Router and made a new password to remove all other devices ( Starlink doesn't have a hide wifi display yet). After connecting the R1 and connecting all the devices, the wife was using the Chromecast with no issues and then it just stopped. We tried factory resetting the Chromecast and resetting up the system to connect to the R1 but the Chromecast gives the error "unable to connect to internet check router and wifi". I looked into the chrome help site and I went through their trouble shooting and nothing worked so I FR the Chromecast again and went through connecting it directly to the Starlink, thinking it was an issue with internet speed ?maybe? but it connected to the Starlink router with no issues and the wife is now happily watching Netflix.

This is what makes me think there is something going on with R1 > Starlink> Chromecast.

If anyone could give me a hand it would be fantastic.

Also, the error we were getting with Netflix when trying to connect after it stopped was Netflix Error SSCR-S4010-2203-2473-G

Thanks for any information or advice/help.

When the Chromecast went down, did other devices on the network still have connectivity?

Were you still able to get to the R1 interface when this occurred?

Has this issue occurred multiple times/is it easily reproduceable?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 9:04 AM, Netduma Liam said:

When the Chromecast went down, did other devices on the network still have connectivity?

Were you still able to get to the R1 interface when this occurred?

Has this issue occurred multiple times/is it easily reproduceable?

Other devices were perfectly fine and my daughters is having no issue. 

Still accessible.

Still actively occurring on the same model of chromecast as my daughters. 

7 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

Other devices were perfectly fine and my daughters is having no issue. 

Still accessible.

Still actively occurring on the same model of chromecast as my daughters. 

When this next happens, can you go to System Information on the DumaOS interface and download the latest log file? If you could then send that over to us and let us know the approximate time it occurred we can investigate.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:36 AM, Netduma Liam said:

When this next happens, can you go to System Information on the DumaOS interface and download the latest log file? If you could then send that over to us and let us know the approximate time it occurred we can investigate.

This issue seems to be fixed now however, experiencing another issue with the Router and Starlink.. the router has been losing connection around the same time every day for the last two days but starlink is still running fine.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, BKxLounge said:

This issue seems to be fixed now however, experiencing another issue with the Router and Starlink.. the router has been losing connection around the same time every day for the last two days but starlink is still running fine.

That's quite possibly due to DHCP, in LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's quite possibly due to DHCP, in LAN Setting, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Repeatedly getting Rapp not loaded yet, reloaded the Netduma multiple times, still getting error

10 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

Repeatedly getting Rapp not loaded yet, reloaded the Netduma multiple times, still getting error

Could you please try going to System Information -> Installed Rapps and click the three-line menu. From here, set the number of retries to be 5 and see if that prevents the error occurring.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please try going to System Information -> Installed Rapps and click the three-line menu. From here, set the number of retries to be 5 and see if that prevents the error occurring.

Still getting the Rapp error after changing to 5 attempts

I am starting to think NetDuma might not be the router for us anymore.. after nearly 5 years of use the router has only been giving us issues since switching to Starlink which makes 0 sense in my mind.. We have 0 issues with the internet before connecting it to the NetDuma and now it is almost every day we are experiencing insane amounts of lag and devices disconnecting. I purchased this product years ago under the assumption it would assist with network control and now the network seems worse than it was every before

On 5/20/2022 at 7:36 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Please find the attached log where in which our Chromecast refuses to connect to the NetDuma... I am getting really fed up with this device (NetDuma)

log-1653440985126.txt

9 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

I am starting to think NetDuma might not be the router for us anymore.. after nearly 5 years of use the router has only been giving us issues since switching to Starlink which makes 0 sense in my mind.. We have 0 issues with the internet before connecting it to the NetDuma and now it is almost every day we are experiencing insane amounts of lag and devices disconnecting. I purchased this product years ago under the assumption it would assist with network control and now the network seems worse than it was every before

Since changing to Starlink, have you factory reset the R1 and set it up with the new connection? That's often a good idea when you change ISP as we don't want the R1 to retain any old information about the previous ISP device it was connected to.

What time roughly in the logs did the Chromecast have problems? There's no entries in there that would really hint at an issue unfortunately.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:57 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Since changing to Starlink, have you factory reset the R1 and set it up with the new connection? That's often a good idea when you change ISP as we don't want the R1 to retain any old information about the previous ISP device it was connected to.

What time roughly in the logs did the Chromecast have problems? There's no entries in there that would really hint at an issue unfortunately.

Yes we factory reset it when we established the starlink. 

Here is another log where the chromecast disconencted randomly.. The time here is 10:15pm but the router for some reason refuses to establish a proper time connection (previous issue that was mentioned in another thread that never saw resolution) so I guess the time stamp would be between 20:50 and 21:15? 

log-1653612247454.txt

• Administrators

So the only two things I can see there which is DHCP and so the suggestion I made previously would take care of that and Traffic Controller. A couple of Traffic Controller rules you have set up seem to kick in right around the time you mentioned it disconnects. You also mentioned your daughter has the same model of Chromecast, is it possible you've added the wrong Chromecast to the Traffic Controller? Double check the IP on the Chromecast itself then on the R1 Device Manager match the IP to the Chromecast and see if you have the incorrect one added.