XR500 attempting IP Passthrough with ATT modem

I have been having this issue while attemtping to IP passthrough ATT (BGW210-700) modem.  

1. I am not getting the download speed (less than 1MB/1GB fiber connection)

2. I am unable to connect to services for games on PC (Battlenet) and PSN

3.  I attemted to connect to speedtest.net and I was unable to connect to begin a test.

4.  I have connectivity, but limit use.

Any suggestions?

7 hours ago, dropbottom said:

I have been having this issue while attemtping to IP passthrough ATT (BGW210-700) modem.  

1. I am not getting the download speed (less than 1MB/1GB fiber connection)

2. I am unable to connect to services for games on PC (Battlenet) and PSN

3.  I attemted to connect to speedtest.net and I was unable to connect to begin a test.

4.  I have connectivity, but limit use.

Any suggestions?

disable packet filter, Wifi and all firewall settings on the at&t modem. 

passthrough mode: DHCPS-fixed and choose the xr500 on the device list

you only want IP passthrough On under firewall status. everything else should be off so the XR500 can take over those operations now.

I would restart the modem and router after applying these settings. unplug  router and modem and wait 30 seconds, Then plug the modem back in first let it boot up completely  then the same for the router. That should allow full speeds. also make sure QoS is off when checking for full bandwidth speeds on a speedtest. You can also check speeds on diagnostics then click speed test on the dashboard for the at&t modem 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 4/16/2022 at 7:06 AM, dropbottom said:

The XR500 recognizes the speed in its own speed test, but it does not pass on those same speed to LAN devices. The att fiber modem doesnt have DMZ options

Or just do the dumb switch bypass and take the router out of the equation. I guarantee you'll have a dramatically better experience especially if you're using the 210.

Again.... Using a $30 gigabit switch, and the gateway Mac address, just bypass the dumb thing all together. Bgw210 has had multiple issues with doing DMZ/IP passthrough as it's not a true passthrough, on top of multiple firmware update limiting bandwidth when the option is used. 

From the same site they have the instructions I also posted them some time ago, I'll see if I can find them. This option takes the entire gateway out of the picture, and you directly connect the from the ONT to the switch, to your router with the Mac address changed to mirror the bgw. 

12 minutes ago, crunkjuice1 said:

For future researchers

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31832196-BGH-210-IP-Passthru-Help

if done correctly your router will be visible in the pass through max device list

I am Roadrunner79 over on that board ✌

1465654B-89C4-4CA7-A744-6877EA843B72.png

2FADC6B9-3BB6-4736-B79F-B60821B3C93E.png

53FE1333-FD05-47BD-B852-F7C2BEDF51F3.png

Here it is, I linked the exact switch I purchased years ago, but I'm sure there's a new version for the same cost if not cheaper 

Pardon the dust bunnies.  I have a to link running after my xr500. Prior to me switching to google fiber I had ATT 1 gig service as well. So order of use starting at your wall jack which is the ONT.

1 ATT ONT

2 BGH210 gateway set to pass through mode

3 netgear xr500 passing through the BGH210 ATT gateway 

4 since all the ports in back of the xr500 are filled I had to buy the tp link switch to “add” more Ethernet ports

It’s been over a year that I made the switch to google fiber.  Feel free to dive into the website dslreports(dot)com and search on the forums for ATT uverse. From what I recall ATT was releasing a newer firmware version at that time that was going to not allow users to see the BGH210 into pass through mode anymore. Att customers were trying to get hands on ATT previous gateway in order to still use pass through mode and run aftermarket routers. I could me wrong but this is what I recollect.  

if you still can log into the BGH210 and you have done everything in the pictures I posted of the BGH210 interface, please read the other dslreports members comments for tips on making sure your doing everything correctly. After that doing the xr500 will do it’s job as usual just as if it was connected to a regular cable modem.

2C087609-DFCF-4D2B-9B52-82D128CB4563.jpeg

The mode Mr Race is mentioning is this

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r33043700-Dumb-switch-your-own-router-and-BGW210

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32873883-Is-there-a-way-to-eliminate-the-BGW210-700-ATT-Gateway-entirely

as you can see the posts are old and I have no clue if they still work or if you are capable of doing all this as in some posts users have stout switches with a lot more management capabilities.