Jump to content

Speeds are tanking


Recommended Posts

Not sure what is going on but my speeds are tanking to 20mbps at the most. I have gigabit. A reboot takes care of it. The only thing consistent in the logs are

HTB: quantum of class *number* is big. Consider r2q change.

Any suggestions? After I have performed a reboot, it does eventually come back. Gaming today since around 5PM and it's 1:30AM and it's now the second time this has happened.

image.png.3ec315c53226b3e0a1b00a35677ea0bf.png

Another edit: I have confirmed it's neither my switches or my actual internet speed. If I hook up my old gateway provided by my ISP it works perfectly and route my switches directly into my gateway I get full speeds and they stay that way.

log-1649569333862.txt log-1649568553067.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

What is the model of your gateway? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? Is the R2 in the gateway DMZ? If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu does it still occur?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of your gateway? Are ALL devices connected to the R2? Is the R2 in the gateway DMZ? If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control :menu does it still occur?

My FiOS gateway is a G1100 but I didn't have that hooked up. I was going straight from my ONT into the wan port of the R2. I had two switches hooked up to the R2 but to make sure my switches weren't the issue I went straight from my PC into the R2 and still has super slow speeds. Lastly I tried restarting, turning QOS on/off and even checking that hybrid vpn didn't make a difference. Basically all but factory resetting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

I see you're using manual DNS, could you disable that and use upstream please to see if that makes a difference? Also disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and the protection options in WAN and see if it happens again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I see you're using manual DNS, could you disable that and use upstream please to see if that makes a difference? Also disable IPv6 in WAN/LAN and the protection options in WAN and see if it happens again.

I did that to see if it was DNS related. The slowdown occured prior to me changing DNS. I was testing that as a part of troubleshooting. Also IPV6 has been disabled the entire time. Do you mean flood protection?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 hours ago, hyperj123 said:

I did that to see if it was DNS related. The slowdown occured prior to me changing DNS. I was testing that as a part of troubleshooting. Also IPV6 has been disabled the entire time. Do you mean flood protection?

Yeah so you've got Port Scan protection and Syn Flood protection, temporarily disable both of those and see if that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/11/2022 at 6:08 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah so you've got Port Scan protection and Syn Flood protection, temporarily disable both of those and see if that helps.

Sorry been busy with work this week. I'll test this weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...