Hybrid VPN firmware XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

Good morning.

I just discovered the 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 update on the netgear website and there is no information for hybrid vpn. Does that mean that one will not be proposed ?

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It's entirely up to Netgear but it doesn't mean it isn't coming. That version was a smaller update compared to what we're working on at the moment, which will align DumaOS better across all the platforms.

Hello Frazer, I really need the hybrid VPN and it is just gone in the current regular Netgear Software release (Firmware .58) on XR1000. This is one of the reasons why I use DUMAOS and therefore the XR1000.

Why was it removed? When will it come back? Or do I need another product (NetDuma Army day 1 here) :-)

13 hours ago, StArFiGhTeR_TeN said:

Hello Frazer, I really need the hybrid VPN and it is just gone in the current regular Netgear Software release (Firmware .58) on XR1000. This is one of the reasons why I use DUMAOS and therefore the XR1000.

Why was it removed? When will it come back? Or do I need another product (NetDuma Army day 1 here) 🙂

You may have been using one of the older beta firmwares as it wasn't in the previous full release firmware. It's going to be included in the next firmware as far as I'm aware, and we're working on that port now!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 5:50 AM, Netduma Liam said:

You may have been using one of the older beta firmwares as it wasn't in the previous full release firmware. It's going to be included in the next firmware as far as I'm aware, and we're working on that port now!

is there any way i could have the old beta firmware to use hybrid vpn? I really would like to use it.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Servines said:

is there any way i could have the old beta firmware to use hybrid vpn? I really would like to use it.

That would be very old at this point and would be missing vital security updates, I don't have it to hand but could see if the team have it but as above best to wait for the new version.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, Iced_Friction said:

Hi Admin, 

Is their a date yet for the Hybrid VPN for the XR1000? 

I play PUBG and the OC servers are full of bots, i want to play on a USA or Asian Server and the option of Ranked games.

Thanks 

Welcome to the forum!

We don't have a date for that but you can keep up to date with firmware progress here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

Do the older version of firmware on the XR 1000 support the hybrid vpn ? It is disappointing for such a feature not to be included in the XR 1000 and to be included in the XR 500. It does suck.

32 minutes ago, NairoD said:

Hi, 

Do the older version of firmware on the XR 1000 support the hybrid vpn ? It is disappointing for such a feature not to be included in the XR 1000 and to be included in the XR 500. It does suck.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid not, it's not a decision that we make here at Netduma. As it's NETGEAR's hardware, they decide what features it gets. I believe it is planned to be added in future firmware, but unfortunately that's about as much as we know.