Qos not working anymore

Ok so its happening again qos simply not working when doing speed test on different sites also congestion bar not having any effect the whole qos is not working and this has been happening allot sins update can someone please advice and i would appreciate if you would not ask me to send you screen shots as its defiantly not working sins update thank you .

13 minutes ago, Rickyrocks said:

Ok so its happening again qos simply not working when doing speed test on different sites also congestion bar not having any effect the whole qos is not working and this has been happening allot sins update can someone please advice and i would appreciate if you would not ask me to send you screen shots as its defiantly not working sins update thank you .

First things first, could you please confirm if you've factory reset the XR since installing the latest update? If not I'd suggest doing so.

Could you also confirm if your connection requires PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers in order for you to get access to the internet?

Are both upload and download not affected in the speedtest?

Is Congestion Control set to always when you're running the tests?

1 hour ago, Rickyrocks said:

Ok so it my xbox that not reading correct as when i do s the peed test on laptop its correct so why is my xbox not reading correct i have it setup correctly 

Can you disable all rules in Traffic Prioritisation, then test again on the Xbox? It may be that the Xbox traffic is still being prioritised and therefore superseding the limit set by Congestion Control.

I just checked QOS on mine and it seems to be working fine. The thing I would check is are you sure the router is detecting the game? Look for the "LEDs" in the user interface lighting up to see if it is detecting high priority traffic.

2 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

How do i know if it can Fraser 

What's the make and model of the modem? Is it a pure modem or does it have Wi-Fi capability too?

You could go to the interface of the modem and see if you can find any settings for PPPoE configuration?

• 5 weeks later...

@RickyrocksPlease keep your responses contained within one reply, it makes it quite difficult to read when they're spread across four separate replies.

I'm not to familiar with that specific modem, if you access it's settings can you see if there's anywhere for you to configure PPPoE? I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your issue.

• Administrators

That version doesn't have a fix for PPPoE and QoS, the next version which has more of our changes should allow that to work correctly. The modem you have looks like a pure modem so you won't be able to have that handle PPPoE, do you have another router you could use to handle it instead of the XR?

• 1 month later...

Ok got it working ! using the Application instead of device on bandwidth allocation works, for some reason the device mode does not work ! found buy ticking the Application then turning excess off then on fixed it ! Lets see if this is a permanent fix! Hope this helps anyone with same experience .

Will keep you posted thanks guys .