Disconnect upon downloading

TrayDay

For the pass couple of days, I've been getting disconnects frequently. I've figured out what is triggering it. Downloading on WiFi. When connecting via LAN, it doesn't disconnect but only when using the WiFi to download larger chunk sizes. I'm currently on firmware 3.0.394, and I've factory reset twice. I though it was the DHCP time triggering it, which resulted in me sticking to giving each device a static IP outside the DHCP range. But this can be tedious in applying each time I firmware reset, but stick to nonetheless as a preliminary setup. If I don't want to firmware reset and want my internet to connect again. I use the temporary fix of unplugging everything and connect one at a time, from modem>R2>AP.  I currently have the R2 elevated and well vented to ensure that it's not a heating issue. I don't know what else to do to alleviate this issue.

EDIT:

Upon reviewing, I believe I also know what is happening here . The AP being the recently added, I believe it's the AP that's actually causing the issue. When connect directly to R2 WiFi and begin the downloading session. No disconnects. Thanks, can close this issue.

EDIT 2:

False alarm, problem still persists.

When the R2 disconnects, are you still able to get to the DumaOS interface? 

If not, it would be good to setup some remote logging on your R2. You could then reproduce the problem and we'd have a log file detailing everything that happened leading up to the disconnect.

If you're happy to do this, could you please go to Network Settings -> WAN -> Enable remote access the tech support, then Save Settings.

Let me know when you've done this and I'll access the R2.

I believe I am still able to, not 100% sure. I have enabled tech remote access.

log-1647526939955.txt

I basically got everything set back up. As I was able to send the reply to your message. It disconnected. I've attached the log, I didn't really do anything beside just set everything back up.

EDIT:

It doubled commented, I refreshed page.

17 minutes ago, TrayDay said:

log-1647526939955.txt 71.31 kB · 0 downloads

I basically got everything set back up. As I was able to send the reply to your message. It disconnected. I've attached the log, I didn't really do anything beside just set everything back up.

Looks as though you grabbed those logs after restarting right? Unfortunately that means there isn't any information on the crash retained. 

I've just setup the logging, you might've noticed your router reboot. Could you please reproduce the problem then let us know the approximate time you did so?

34 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Looks as though you grabbed those logs after restarting right? Unfortunately that means there isn't any information on the crash retained. 

I've just setup the logging, you might've noticed your router reboot. Could you please reproduce the problem then let us know the approximate time you did so?

I believe I seen when you logged in with root access accepted. As I seen the CPU spike as though it was downloading something when I wasn't downloading anything. Yes, those logs was before. As stated, it seen as though when the CPU spiked as though it was downloading, moments later, Internet disconnect. I wasn't doing anything but watching the 'system information' screen the entire time. I've attached the logs the moment it before it disconnected, the moments during, my restablishing of rebooting from the interface, both R2 & AP interface, then lastly, resulting if fully disconnected the power from back to re-establishing internet, as it was not able to acquire IP from my Internet. Here's the logs. The first log is before the disconnect and I waited roughly 3-5 minutes before rebooting from interface 7:35am PST (1st log) - 7:47am (2nd log). I begin immediately saving the other due to unsure if  would be able to remain connected to download the R2 logs. But the last two, 812am and 8:17am is from about the time acquiring the IP from ISP.

log-1647527714628.txt log-1647528427275.txt log-1647529352883.txt log-1647529766196.txt log-1647529941000.txt log-1647530222928.txt

• Administrators

Thank you for that, we'll take a look. Now that remote logging is enabled, make the issue happen and tell us the time it occurs, then we can have a look at the remote logs as well. Also are you using Mirror Mode for WiFi or connecting to 5GHz specifically?

Okay, I've been trying to reproduce the issue. So far, it hasn't disconnected.

Two things I want to address

a) I was curious and upgraded the firmware to the latest on the AP.

b) Then I attached the ethernet from the R2 LAN to the AP, WAN.
as I normally have it attached to the LAN of the AP, instead of the WAN. Normally, this usually works. With that said, I notice the DHCPV6 failed messages in the log in R2, even though I have it already disabled in the R2 WAN&LAN. I've attached the log to showcase the error.

I don't know if these may have fixed the issue. But I did try various thing to reproduce the issue and it didn't happen. So I'm glad about that. I also noticed the STP is disabled (thought it was on by default. I never touched or touch this).

Again, no disconnects and happy about that.

log-1647534094053.txt

I'm going to have to plug everything back up since I'm using a different router. This morning, my R2 just dropped from the internet. Made me some breakfast, returned to computer to find no internet. Then, for whatever reason, R2 just completely didn't want to re-established a connection from my ISP. I called my ISP to find out if it was a area outage, and they informed me that it was not. Then tried to help me with the process of getting internet to R2 (I know these steps), I even disconnected any AP and tried only using R2 WiFI and LAN only. Nothing would obtain the IP to the R2. Connected to R2, access GUI, but it still didn't get an IP. I guess as a last resort, is to factory reset it again. But I just wanted to update you guys in the situation. Unfortunately, I know NOT resetting the router helps maintain the integrity of the logs. But, given the current circumstances with not being able to obtain IP after GUI reset, is problematic. I was able to get something while connect but I believe the time in the logs only last so long, as I don't know EXACTLY, when it disconnected as stated, was making breakfast. Log before disconnecting and second is when i connected back everything (with no internet).

log-1647619793535.txt log-1647620480813.txt

• 3 months later...

I didn't want to start a new thread since it's still the same problem of disconnecting, not from downloading. Just in general. It happened last night and it happened some time within the hour.

I have logs of tonight,  before rebooting and after as my PC defaulted to connected to WIFI once the LAN disconnected.

before

log-1657441445681.txt

after

log-1657441600088.txt

I also checked my WAN Public IP and it was still the same after rebooting.

Kind of.

This also occurred I believe last week as well. But, ever since I installed the new firmware. I never had issues beside the one last week and this week.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's good, seems like we're making progress, I'll pass it onto the team to have a look at the logs.

I'm not sure if it was something on you guys end with the router disconnecting. But it just happened a few moments ago while in game. But if not, I've attached the logs of it while it was down.

log-1657496392765.txt

9 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I'm not sure if it was something on you guys end with the router disconnecting. But it just happened a few moments ago while in game. But if not, I've attached the logs of it while it was down.

log-1657496392765.txt 72.19 kB · 0 downloads

Initially, it looks as though DHCP is causing problems. Could you please reserve an IP address for each device on the network, then reboot the R2? That should take DHCP out of the equation, just monitor it afterwards to see if it disconnects and grab a log file as usual if it does.