Latest update

Hi Everyone,

U may see me time to time winge about lag comp and all the lag issues. I thought id share some info and see if together we can find a fix. 

I have 1000mbps down and 110mbps up.

I literally have worst gaming every on COD due to what we call lag comp.

See the photos. One is my screen clearly shooting a guy, the other is my mates view of me clearly missing the guy. Both practically at the exact same point.

This led me onto some more research and i found some interesting info that i wanted to share to see if together we can get a fix.

So..

If you look at ping on PC top left, it shows your ping.. so mine is usually 11-19ms..

If you go into settings and look at ping in there that is the server ping.. usually around the 20-30ms mark.

Apparently from reading if your ping is lower than server ping you will be 'desynced' from the server your playing on. Meaning 'lag comp' which from reading its not lag comp its just what we all call it. Its actually desync

The best connection on the game with the best hit reg would be for the server ping to be say 25 and your ping to be 26. 

It can be close to over but if its below BOOM your gonna have horrendous HIT REG.

This isnt gospel its just what ive read but massively makes sense! This is why for most getting a better gaming is to geofilter to the UK.

So instead of server ping being 20ms and your ping being 60ms it brings both closer. The issue is when it happens like mine and its opposite way around.

Which could be why some people find VPN to spain but geofilter to UK works. Because ur ping then will be higher. Id use this but from previous experience the VPN then causes packetloss and other ingame lag that sort of counteracts the reason for using it if u get me! 

Whats your guys thoughts and anyone know anyway that might fix this? 

20220313_221533.jpg

20220313_221544.jpg

• Administrators

In terms of spectating, the situation plays out for you first and then it needs to show your friend so there may be discrepancies. I'll download Warzone myself and double check but I think the difference in ping would be the ping top left is your ping to the server and then in the menu is your ping to the server plus processing delay, you're not desynced, just one isn't showing the full calculation of the ping. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In terms of spectating, the situation plays out for you first and then it needs to show your friend so there may be discrepancies. I'll download Warzone myself and double check but I think the difference in ping would be the ping top left is your ping to the server and then in the menu is your ping to the server plus processing delay, you're not desynced, just one isn't showing the full calculation of the ping. 

I've seen a lot of posts about this, especially since they now allow us to see the ping on console without going through the menu. Is it possible for you to allow us to see the ping with the processing times directly on DumaOS....?

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

I've seen a lot of posts about this, especially since they now allow us to see the ping on console without going through the menu. Is it possible for you to allow us to see the ping with the processing times directly on DumaOS....?

No because the processing time is determined on the game side, not something we can specifically detect as far as I am aware

I believe the ping you see when you are spectating is your opponents ping.

I do agree- there is a large discrepancy Petersen the latency see you see on screen compared to the latency you see on the options tab. For me it’s 25-30 higher on the options tab

I disagree, when say 3 of us are spectating the 4th. 2 see the exact same as the 4th and i see totally different. 

On the same note - i died in that situation where i 100% shouldnt have. My game showes me hitting his game shows me missing so his spectating of me is 100% correct. Mine clearly not.