Game Optimiser DumaOS not working

Gday All,

Having trouble even getting to DumaOS. It keeps coming up with this error message:

Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Router App.

I seem to have trouble with it a fair bit especially the Network Monitoring of my wifi.

Any solutions or recommendations?

Thanks for posting!

Where in DumaOS are you seeing this error, is it after performing a particular action? You mention Network Monitor, are you seeing it simply when navigating there or performing a particular action there?

Sometimes we'll see this error when trying to 'Resync cloud' from Ping Heatmap, Geo-filter, Adblocker etc. Normally it's just referring to that specific operation taking longer than it would normally, but it's not anything to worry about as the operation will have succeeded.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

once again I am having trouble with DumaOS both on my PC and iPhone. The app just does not want to load at all on either unless I leave it for a considerable time (more than 15-30mins).

It will come up with the same error posted above as I’d be guessing it just times out or sometimes it will come up with an error stating ‘missing json’.

I’m sick and tired of unplugging my modem, deleting and reinstalling and constant wait times. If you can’t help I’ll just delete the app and not use it again because it’s getting to the stage of forwarding a complaint.

Hey, sorry to hear this!

Which page are you trying to load when this occurs, is it simply the Dashboard or are you trying to navigate to a specific page?

After the issue occurs, can you go to System Information -> Logs and download the log file. You either send it over to us via email at [email protected], or upload to somewhere and share a link with us via DM.

Hi Liam,

I am not sure how I’ll be able to access the logs if I can’t even bring up the page.

I have been attempting to just access the site, but I can’t. I usually could at least bring up the dashboard, but over the last 48hrs I can’t even access that! I usually access the Network Rules and Device Management screens but I find that it’s always harder to access the Network Rules page of the site.

Thanks for confirming, you could pin the logs to the Dashboard, however if you're now unable to load the dashboard at all that won't help.

You may now need to reboot the modem in order to re-gain access.

Once you've got access again, could you please go to System Information and let me know which DumaOS version you're currently using?

This is as far as I get. I’ll try to reboot the modem again, but I’m getting sick and tired of doing it every day. If that’s what it takes to have this program work, I don’t want it.

image.jpg

• Administrators

Thanks for that, although given you've rebooted and the error isn't present it won't indicate anything unfortunately.

How often does it seem to occur? Is there any pattern you can see as to when it happens e.g. after a few days, when changing a specific setting or using lots of bandwidth etc

It seems to be happening every day now and I don’t change anything from day to day. I have certain Network Rules for some devices that are not changed and a higher bandwidth to my PC. 

The error below also seems to show up regularly on my iPhone (12).

F605789E-2336-4F5C-8A69-A906C31D4D76.png

4 hours ago, CJArthur said:

I have got some Network Priority rules but they have not interfered with the app previously, so why would they now?

There may have been a firmware update for example that's introduced this issue for you. If disabling these rules doesn't help, could you please experiment with having QoS completely disabled from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, then see if the issue re-occurs after that? We realised this isn't a long term solution, we just need to further narrow down the problem to find a solution.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, Netduma Liam said:

There may have been a firmware update for example that's introduced this issue for you. If disabling these rules doesn't help, could you please experiment with having QoS completely disabled from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, then see if the issue re-occurs after that? We realised this isn't a long term solution, we just need to further narrow down the problem to find a solution.

Tried that and still doesn’t work

• Administrators

Aditionally, I have a couple more questions after looking at your logs.

• Do you use the traffic controller application, if so do you have any rules set?
  • Which firmware version and DumaOS version are you running? If you can make it to the DumaOS front end, its listed in the system information section

Thanks

Hi Jack B,

See responses below:

• The model number - DJA0231
  • Do you use the traffic controller application, if so do you have any rules set? - YES. I do use the application and have rules set to minimise use by children inside the house.
  • Which firmware version and DumaOS version are you running? If you can make it to the DumaOS front end, its listed in the system information section - Firmware 20.3.c.0432 and DumaOS version 3.2.126

06072022.docx

• 3 weeks later...