Wireguard

davemarsden132

• Administrators

So for the R2 Wireguard is now an option and we are hoping to update the XR routers to bring them more in line with what the R2 currently offers but there is no way for you to add it manually yourself.

The only option pertaining to the Firewall is the NAT option in WAN Settings, if you set this to open then it will relax the firewall and while that is fine it is generally not a good idea to disable a router firewall entirely.

15 hours ago, trex2600 said:

What?!? The R2 has wireguard already?!?

Ok 2 questions:

1) When will WireGuard be available on the XR500?

2) With OpenVPN, you download the OpenVPN file from the VPN provider's website, open it in notepad on windows, and copy and paste the code from notepad into config for Hybrid VPN. Most VPN providers like ProtonVPN support WireGuard but only offer OpenVPN as a download for router VPN. So with WireGuard on DUMA OS, do you need to ask the VPN provider for the wireguard file or does DUMA OS connect differently?

The next firmware we release for the XR500 should bring it up to speed with all features on the R2, so I believe that should also include WireGuard. As for an ETA I'm afraid I don't have one as yet, there's still many variables involved while it's going through testing.

Yes, you'll need to ask your provider for a WireGuard configuration file.