XR500 dead???

Hi there

Just wondering if the router is dead before I go buy a new one?

It's been working perfectly for about 2 and a half years and at the new house on different connection for 10 months.

This morning it seemed to be dropping internet in and out, didn't think much of it thought it could just be ISP issues. Went out for a couple of hours but it was still being painful when getting home.

When getting home I tried resetting but still the same problem. When I tried to load DUMAos it loads briefly then struggles to load other pages or info. Also wifi on the phone was dropping in and out.

I tried hard reset, it goes through the setup and works for about 2 minutes and starts dropping in and out.

When I plug my router in from my ISP no problems at all, everything is working fine same cables and everything.

Any advice would be great? or even recommendations on a new one?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

11 hours ago, Pauliiioooo said:

@Netduma Fraser ok Cheers I'll give this a crack.

Are you able to post the instructions how to do this? I only have about 2 mins before DUMAos becomes unresponsive with my PC

@Harley nothing has changed.

These adjustments can be made under LAN Setup in the Settings menu. Let us know if you have any issues after that!