DNS stops working?

fatal0Efx

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, fatal0Efx said:

I'm assuming nothing has been heard yet?  It's been a week so I wanted to check.  With that said, it appears to be working again.  Not sure you did anything remotely?  I haven't done anything myself.

Glad to hear it appeared to be working, just following up to see if you're still having this problem? 

We had another user with a similar-ish problem and believe to have resolved it for them. If you're still having trouble please let me know and we can apply the same changes to see if it helps with your issue.

Tbh I haven't reverted my config in fear it would start again. Every now and then I run an nslookup against it to check. 

Even though it's working, I'm concerned that since nothing was actually changed its likely going to present again at some point so I'd prefer to just get it fixed before I'm confident to give it another go. 

So while it was working prior, after your "fix" it's now broken.  Worse, now all of a sudden my Google Wifi is completely down.  Hell, the Netduma Wifi is down too (phone can't connect to it).  WTH did yall do?

I don't understand why my computer is working fine which is plugged in directly to the R2 (the Google Wifi is too).

You guys have absolutely broken my shit.  After troubleshooting, the reason my PC is working is because I'm using a static IP.  The NetdumaR2 is no longer handing out DHCP addresses.  It's configured to do so.  I've disabled/reenabled to no avail.  WTF am I supposed to do now?  Completely reset again????

• Administrators

Likely just a reboot would have been needed to get the internet back and then see if the fix makes a difference, the reset would have wiped that, do let us know if you want us to apply it again on Monday, so you can then reboot and test. It has seemed to fix the issue for someone else.

Forgive me for failing to mention as I was raging about my constant issues, but I did reboot.  Several times, in fact.  Just like that rarely ever fixed the DNS issue, it did not fix the DHCP issue either.  My only recourse was to factory reset.

• Administrators

Okay no worries, thanks for the information, I think it would probably be good to enable remote logging, then apply the 'fix' and see what we get back from that so we can further look into it. Re-enable remote support and we can do that on Monday.

It's enabled again, but I would prefer to coordinate this somehow.  I can't have this go down and have to wait for you guys to find time to remote in.  I would have to factory reset again, which I'd like to avoid.

• Administrators

We will have access to the logs until the point at which it goes down so you wouldn't need for us to wait to remote in before getting the internet back up and running. Without doing this we can't properly identify the issue, I do realize it's frustrating, if you don't want to do it I completely understand but it should be enough for us to work on a fix.

• 8 months later...

Hi!  I have the same problem with DNS resolution.

Out of nowhere it stops working. I activate the provider's, or manually put some public DNS, with both it stops working after some period. and when it stops it's boring to go back, today I've restarted several times and it doesn't come back. I'm on the latest version of the system. managed to solve the problem?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Vinibretz said:

Hi!  I have the same problem with DNS resolution.

Out of nowhere it stops working. I activate the provider's, or manually put some public DNS, with both it stops working after some period. and when it stops it's boring to go back, today I've restarted several times and it doesn't come back. I'm on the latest version of the system. managed to solve the problem?

Sign up for Early Access, once approved try the firmware there, we believe we've fixed DNS issues on that version.

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/39415-introducing-early-access/

Hi!

I applied yesterday and am waiting for approval. Do you have a deadline for this?

Because here for me, on my network, the internet is only working by defining fixed IP's on the equipment, due to the DNS error.

I saw people talking here about doing a reset on the router that comes back. But I don't want to do that now.