Connecting two routers together.

So, I own a XR1000 and due to the lack of hybrid VPN I decided to purchase a XR500. Now what I would like to do is to connect the two routers together. I've managed to connect the xr500 to the xr1000 but I'm not able to activate the hybrid VPN is just stuck in connecting. Just so you know in advance I'm trying to leave the rest of the house connected to the xr1000 so that they aren't affected by the VPN. Hope that someone will be able to help. Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

So HybridVPN doesn't apply on a router/network level, you can apply it to just the singular device that you add so there is no risk other devices will be behind the VPN by mistake. I would then also suggest you put the XR1000 in AP mode behind the XR500 so modem > XR500 > XR1000 (AP Mode) for the most optimum setup.

What VPN are you using exactly and can you provide the configuration file please?

56 minutes ago, MrPicarotti said:

I will give it a go with your suggestion set up and I'm using NordVpn. I've used is55# UDP and one of the first UDP. https://nordvpn.com/ovpn/ this is where I've got the config files from.

OK thanks, let us know how you get on and if you run in to any further issues. Make sure you've got the username and password correct and are copying the full contents of the ovpn file into the configuration box.