Hybrid VPN

davemarsden132

Bots.png.636d2e96ed9f9ebd1d15f76e9c1b0908.png

See photo for what I mean.

I used to connect Hybrid VPN to say Egypt, then only VPN those ports - If I searched on google what is my geolocation it would say UK .... But then if I looked in game it would say Egypt.

Now its no longer working, in game it says UK again.

• Administrators

Try this and see if it helps: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38675-hybrid-vpn-for-warzone-no-longer-connecting-via-open-vpn/?do=findComment&comment=332646

It won't be because of your speeds it will be due to your skill that you're getting harder games

Agreed! Ahhh Fraser there must be multiple things going on cos my mate who is same KD as me gets WAY EASIER lobbys on average than myself and only diff between him and me is i'm on 1000mbps so just assumed that was the hidden factor if you get me! 

Agreed ZMAN i get that, and im happy with that - Like i aint fussed about having like 80% hard lobbys 20% easy. Just without a VPN i get 100% hard lobbys like 1.3 lowest EVERY SINGLE LOBBY haha its hard just to relax and have fun if u get me when im having to GAMER GRIP, Drop shoot, slide cancel my arse off for a good game haha! I like the odd bot lobby just to be able to chat to mates, relax in etc! 

Thanks guyyss

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, davemarsden132 said:

Agreed! Ahhh Fraser there must be multiple things going on cos my mate who is same KD as me gets WAY EASIER lobbys on average than myself and only diff between him and me is i'm on 1000mbps so just assumed that was the hidden factor if you get me! 

Agreed ZMAN i get that, and im happy with that - Like i aint fussed about having like 80% hard lobbys 20% easy. Just without a VPN i get 100% hard lobbys like 1.3 lowest EVERY SINGLE LOBBY haha its hard just to relax and have fun if u get me when im having to GAMER GRIP, Drop shoot, slide cancel my arse off for a good game haha! I like the odd bot lobby just to be able to chat to mates, relax in etc! 

Thanks guyyss

Totally get that, there are many variables when it comes to networking, for example:

• The ISP each of you are using
  • The type of connection you have
  • How many people are using that same ISP in the area
  • The routing to the game server from each ISP - one may have less hops than the other for example
  • When each of you are playing
  • What servers you're connecting to

Etc, it's natural to compare against each other but there will be differences you're probably not aware of like the above - even if you lived next door to each other and used the same ISP, the wiring from each of your homes to the cabinet for example could be in varying stages of quality

So I tried the above link and it didn't work. Its not the Hybrid VPN part that's stopped its more the Ports maybe? 

I'm on PC.

If I set express VPN to express VPN file India (Via UK) it works fine. Don't need to set any ports or anything and boom works.

Its when I am trying to use Express VPN file 'Israel' and then using the ports only forward

UDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3478:3478) 
UDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (4739:4780) 
TCPUDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (3074:3074) 
TCPUDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (27000:27050) 

This used to work. So if I checked on google my Geolocation google would say Ireland. But if I checked the ingame GEO location it would say Isreal.

Same thing happens with  the express VPN india (via uk) one. If I google geolocation it says Ireland and if I check ingame it says India. 

This then basically gives me a low ping still 19ms. 

Reason for wanting to go to Isreal instead of India is because anyone can download express VPN app and connect to India (Via UK), Same with nolagvpn.

The more people seem to use it the less it works. Therefore if say I use Isreal that not many are using, the idea is that I Should then get easier lobbys. 

Not sure if the above is how the VPN works for SBMM but it seemed to work all fine before! 

I noticed after the last update for vanguard if geo filter is enabled before starting the game the game would crash and dash board after the game starts and my character is at the main screen then I’m able to enable the geo filter 

for vpn no matter where I try to connect lately the netduma goes through the connecting process then says failed, I have to reboot the router then when it restarts the vpn says connected

its starting to look like using vpn for bot lobbies is coming to a end. Users in other discords are reporting extremely long wait times to find a game to just get put into shadow banned lobbies and also finding them selfs shadowed banned just from connecting to a different region 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I noticed after the last update for vanguard if geo filter is enabled before starting the game the game would crash and dash board after the game starts and my character is at the main screen then I’m able to enable the geo filter 

for vpn no matter where I try to connect lately the netduma goes through the connecting process then says failed, I have to reboot the router then when it restarts the vpn says connected

its starting to look like using vpn for bot lobbies is coming to a end. Users in other discords are reporting extremely long wait times to find a game to just get put into shadow banned lobbies and also finding them selfs shadowed banned just from connecting to a different region 

Is there anything appearing blocked on the map when you load up the game that you could allow to get around that?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is there anything appearing blocked on the map when you load up the game that you could allow to get around that?

Yes, what it looks like its doing is pinging all the servers or the majority of them when the game starts and if the geo filter radios is small it doesn't allow then that's when the game crashes. ill keep looking. i also did it over 100 times to try to catch something but at the moment there's nothing out of the normal that didn't pop up before. hopefully i can or one of the staff members can figure out what activision just changed to cause this

ill take some screen shots of the ping map tonight after i get off work

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Yes, what it looks like its doing is pinging all the servers or the majority of them when the game starts and if the geo filter radios is small it doesn't allow then that's when the game crashes. ill keep looking. i also did it over 100 times to try to catch something but at the moment there's nothing out of the normal that didn't pop up before. hopefully i can or one of the staff members can figure out what activision just changed to cause this

ill take some screen shots of the ping map tonight after i get off work

That would be great thanks, I can get the team to test this next week.

On 2/11/2022 at 3:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That would be great thanks, I can get the team to test this next week.

Im using a VPN with geo filter enabled and i am not running into any of these issues. Figured i would chime in.. looks like it could be related to the users end. Could be alot of stuff really but figured id let you know that it does work still.