Ethernet connecting but no internet!

jordanmoon1

Hi. All of a sudden after giving my setup a clean out etc, ethernet connection won't work on my R1 anymore. In my devices on my pc I'm getting Unidentified Network, No Internet. it works fine on wifi. I've tried factory reset, different cables etc, It's definitely the netduma r1 because my pc connects directly to my main modem no problem via ethernet

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

During the clean out did you unplug the R1 from power? Is it all LAN ports that have the same issue? Can you connect to the interface over WiFi?

All ports have the same issue and Wifi works fine

13 hours ago, jordanmoon1 said:

Unfortunately, no luck

Are you using a Windows machine?

If so, please connect this to the R1 via ethernet, then open a command prompt by hitting Win key + R, then type cmd and hit Enter.

In the command prompt that appears, please enter the command ipconfig and send us a screenshot of the output.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you using a Windows machine?

If so, please connect this to the R1 via ethernet, then open a command prompt by hitting Win key + R, then type cmd and hit Enter.

In the command prompt that appears, please enter the command ipconfig and send us a screenshot of the output.

you want me to post my IP stats etc on a public forum?

• Administrators

Seems to be bypassing it, set a static IP on the PC (for ethernet) with the following details

IP address: 192.168.88.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.88.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.88.1 please (with WiFi disconnected) and see if it works.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Seems to be bypassing it, set a static IP on the PC (for ethernet) with the following details

IP address: 192.168.88.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.88.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.88.1 please (with WiFi disconnected) and see if it works.

still no luck

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Does the R1 make an audible beep when you hold the reset pin and release it after 30 seconds?

What lights are illuminated on the R1?

yes it beeps and the wifi is flashing and 1,2 ethernet ports lit up

49 minutes ago, jordanmoon1 said:

yes it does

Unfortunately I'm not sure what more we can do as the R1 is unresponsive.

The R1 is long out of warranty nowadays, but you could try pinging an email over to us at [email protected] with your original order information and I'll speak to the team to see if we can do anything to help out.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:35 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Unfortunately I'm not sure what more we can do as the R1 is unresponsive.

The R1 is long out of warranty nowadays, but you could try pinging an email over to us at [email protected] with your original order information and I'll speak to the team to see if we can do anything to help out.

I don't think I have the original info as I bought this is 2016