Openvpn doesnt seem to work with netduma (Not using hybrid vpn)

thatguy11

I'm trying to use the OpenVPN GUI, and use my configurations from NoLagVpn to connect although it seems to not be connecting to any servers.
in game. Ive tried with and without geo filter. As well as removing my device from geo filter entirlery. I don't have my router in bridge mode. router is in Dmz, and plays normally without the vpn. 
prior to the firmware update and cod update I had no issue connecting.

I don't have it setup through hybrid vpn. 

Im located on the west coast I am using The OpenVpnGui connecting to Singapore, or Hawaii. Whenever I use the hybrid function I receive no log, and only vpn the warzone ports, however it either crashes my game or stream or wont connect to any servers. Previously when I was using OpenVPNgui it worked fine.

Okay what would would be the optimal setup for hybrid vpn. 

I have previously used hybrid vpn; via only Vpning the ports. Should I keep my geo filter on filter mode around my actually location (only worked in Hawaii server so far). 

6 hours ago, thatguy11 said:

Seems to work on certain servers. 
However my packets are not being prioritized.  

Screenshot (13).png

That's due to QoS, how do you currently have QoS configured?

If you haven't set it up yet, please follow this guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos 

18 minutes ago, thatguy11 said:

it is prioritizing more but not as much as it used to. 

How much are you expecting to see? How long have you had the rule enabled for approximately? Assuming it's been enabled since not long after Fraser suggested it, that looks like it's prioritised quite a lot of traffic.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, thatguy11 said:

Im expecting to see, similar numbers to the twitch packets. at least in the millionth decimal place. 
and my download is is being prioritized a quite bit less than normal.  

had it on for about 2 days.

It would not be similar to Twitch, live streaming is a heavy bandwidth service, gaming barely uses any bandwidth at all so they wouldn't be that similar. 

How is the PC connected, via ethernet or WiFi?

On 1/19/2022 at 9:07 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Add the PC with the Games Console service and then it should prioritize more

Believe it or not idk if its just me but when i manually prioritize cod instead of the games console it feels a little better. Idk if its just me but idk if the games console picks up COD. Again thats just me. I could be wrong but since i manually prioritized cod and applied it to wan it feels better. 

• Administrators
14 hours ago, zman1156 said:

Believe it or not idk if its just me but when i manually prioritize cod instead of the games console it feels a little better. Idk if its just me but idk if the games console picks up COD. Again thats just me. I could be wrong but since i manually prioritized cod and applied it to wan it feels better. 

Some people have commented on that so there may be something to it, we've got a new version not to far away which does have some backend QoS improvements so would be interesting to see the overall experience on this.

22 hours ago, zman1156 said:

Ill give this a try and report back.