Help with Fios Setup

ayesroc

I found a few posts regarding the best way to setup the R2 with G3100 router but couldnt get it to work with ONT > 3100 > R2

I was getting ethernet connection from the R2 but the g3100 is still assigning the IPs and I could not connect to the netduma dashboard. I saw another post about putting the R2 mac address in the g3100 DMZ. Would that work with the current setup?

Welcome to the forum!

If all devices on the network are going to be connected to the R2, then you can put R2 IP in the DMZ of the G3100 and that should work a treat.

I don't know much about the G3100, but if it's got some kind of bridge/modem mode that would also work.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:23 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

If all devices on the network are going to be connected to the R2, then you can put R2 IP in the DMZ of the G3100 and that should work a treat.

I don't know much about the G3100, but if it's got some kind of bridge/modem mode that would also work.

Hey I’ve got Fios.

do you have TV? 

if not you can disregard the g3100 and connect directly to the r2

• Administrators

The G3 can still give out IP addresses that is fine, it will only do so for devices connected to it so ideally you'll connect everything (other than the TV perhaps) to the R2, what did you see when trying to access the interface?

7 hours ago, ayesroc said:

unfortunately yes i do have the tv.

you have the ont connected to the r2 without any fios equipment right?

You’re saved don’t worry.

buy a Motorola moca adapter and you’re big chilling. Just connect your Moca cable to the network port of the moca adapter then to the R2 via Ethernet…. Reboot your STBs and you’re set

ok so i got the new router and i completed the setup wizard via wifi. i am logged in to the dumaos in the browser and it works when im connected to the netduma wifi but not via ethernet. i can see in the ipconfig that the ethernet is connected to my g3100 router and the wifi is connected to the r2. i am thinking i have to change the ip address on the r2 to live the g3100 network but i would still like to access the g3100 settings if necessary. what should i set the r2 ip address to?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, ayesroc said:

ok so i got the new router and i completed the setup wizard via wifi. i am logged in to the dumaos in the browser and it works when im connected to the netduma wifi but not via ethernet. i can see in the ipconfig that the ethernet is connected to my g3100 router and the wifi is connected to the r2. i am thinking i have to change the ip address on the r2 to live the g3100 network but i would still like to access the g3100 settings if necessary. what should i set the r2 ip address to?

You don't need to change any IP addresses on the R2 - what port do you have the PC connected to on the R2? You can connect to the G3 when you're connected to the R2 just by typing in the G3 LAN IP into the web browser