Geo and Halo

xyz

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if its just me not knowing how to use the Geo but this has happened every time I try to geo with a friend in my lobby. I live in California, he lives in Oregon. I created a polygon from Nevada to everything west. He connects to the game and it starts up for him but for me it stays stuck on connecting. Am I doing something wrong and not knowing how to use the geo feature? 

8 hours ago, xyz said:

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if its just me not knowing how to use the Geo but this has happened every time I try to geo with a friend in my lobby. I live in California, he lives in Oregon. I created a polygon from Nevada to everything west. He connects to the game and it starts up for him but for me it stays stuck on connecting. Am I doing something wrong and not knowing how to use the geo feature? 

Watch the Geo-filter map when this occurs, are you seeing any blocked icons on the map?

If you replicate the issue but disable filtering mode in Geo-filter, do you connect to the game just fine?

On 1/11/2022 at 3:33 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Watch the Geo-filter map when this occurs, are you seeing any blocked icons on the map?

If you replicate the issue but disable filtering mode in Geo-filter, do you connect to the game just fine?

Hey Liam,

Yes, I have the whole west coast in a square since there are 2 servers here and everything outside the selected area comes up as a blocked server or players. it shows the white server in my selected area but in my game doesnt connect to it. I just tried it about 8 times right now alone and have all of california selected and everything shows as blocked except for the server in cali. My game never connects and the game tells me that it cant connect to the server. It gets up to the "loading map" letters and then tells me "Unable to join, The request to join has timed out. Please try again later." I did this for about 8 times one right after the other with the same results. As soon as i turn off the geo it connects fine to a high ping server.

If i post a clip of my browser in the geo tab will anything get leaked? lol

8 hours ago, xyz said:

Hey Liam,

Yes, I have the whole west coast in a square since there are 2 servers here and everything outside the selected area comes up as a blocked server or players. it shows the white server in my selected area but in my game doesnt connect to it. I just tried it about 8 times right now alone and have all of california selected and everything shows as blocked except for the server in cali. My game never connects and the game tells me that it cant connect to the server. It gets up to the "loading map" letters and then tells me "Unable to join, The request to join has timed out. Please try again later." I did this for about 8 times one right after the other with the same results. As soon as i turn off the geo it connects fine to a high ping server.

If i post a clip of my browser in the geo tab will anything get leaked? lol

It may be that it's blocking a server required for authentication. Is there a peer/server that's consistently appearing as blocked? If you manually allow the server, are you then able to get into a game?

You can share clips of your browser if you like, there's nothing in Geo-filter that will pose a security risk if you share it publicly.

On 1/17/2022 at 4:41 AM, Netduma Liam said:

It may be that it's blocking a server required for authentication. Is there a peer/server that's consistently appearing as blocked? If you manually allow the server, are you then able to get into a game?

You can share clips of your browser if you like, there's nothing in Geo-filter that will pose a security risk if you share it publicly.

https://streamable.com/ixqt96 Here is the clip of what happens. How am I supposed to know what server is the required one for authentication?

Do you have any issues when playing on your own or just with your friend?

Try expanding your geo filter to the whole of the west coast. If your friend is in Oregon then you could be connecting to the Seattle server which isn’t in your geo filter range.

Here’s a map of Halo Infinite servers:

FEVR5IpWUAgD6Xh.jpg

14 hours ago, xyz said:

https://streamable.com/ixqt96 Here is the clip of what happens. How am I supposed to know what server is the required one for authentication?

Yeah I think what you'll need to do is expand your radius more as you've only got one server available. If the server is busy or full, it looks as though it's just going to cancel the search.

15 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Do you have any issues when playing on your own or just with your friend?

Try expanding your geo filter to the whole of the west coast. If your friend is in Oregon then you could be connecting to the Seattle server which isn’t in your geo filter range.

Here’s a map of Halo Infinite servers:

FEVR5IpWUAgD6Xh.jpg

that clip is of me just alone. I will expand though to all west coast to see what happens

So I just tried to do it with my friend in my game and the same thing happened. he was put into a game and it just tells me that im waiting to join. this is how i have my geo set up. it seems like if it only works when solo and not with a friend. image.png.00024a9d8ff63b91c031c87eb672f353.png

When your friend is in your lobby and you sent him a game invite meaning he is part of your fireteam do you not see him on your Geo? You should see him pop up on your Geo. Then you should be able to add him to your allow list. Thats how it has worked for me thus far. Your on the West Coast. Where is your friend from? Double check that your not missing him. Everytime my friend joins me I see him on my Geo.. Unless something has changed that should still be the case.. Fraser or Liam might have better advice for yah. Also make sure that your friend shows hes online. 

Good luck!

Zippy.