XR1000 Traffic Metering widget/visual

Hello! First post here. I did some searching around and didn't find this topic yet. If it's been addressed, please point me to the right thread.

I am a relatively new owner of the XR1000. I am rural and on cellular-based internet, which recently got cut from unlimited to 300GB cap. Thanks AT&T.

So now I am quite interested in the monitoring and warning aspects of the Traffic Meter. I think it's relatively straightforward and the settings are good. What I am missing though, is in the web-interface, the widget I can add to my Dashboard with a visualization. The app has it, which is good, but I'm not seeing how to get this up on the web interface. There are Settings for Metering, but not much of a UI. Is there something which I am missing? Or is this something which is or can be put onto the development roadmap? If so, then the graphic functionality, or even the table-based version, I would need to be able to go back and look an unique history, in order to dispute what AT&T is showing for my usage.

if there is a way to do this already, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is pretty much all you have at the moment but we are working on a feature called Data History which I think would suite your needs quite well. For your reference I've included a screenshot of what you can expect - you can go back up to 30 days/a month. I couldn't say exactly when/if this feature will be included as that is up to Netgear but I believe they would like the feature. If you can make do with what is available to you currently for a little while then hopefully in the not too distant future you'll be able to use this feature.

image.png

Thanks so much for the reply! I think the current features are ok, and I can make do. Having access to the previous month is nice. I just have to remember to go check it out every month or so to make sure I capture it before the next months rolls over. In terms of the coming history feature, that sounds fine too. But 30 days isn't much. Keeping details for a month is cool, but keeping summarized data for longer, like 6 months, would be great. Like bytes up and down by month for six months by category. That is a fairly small amount of data to store, but then allows you to make pretty graphs or tables, showing a history/trend over time, and a breakdown by category is just a little icing on the data cake. 

Thanks again!

9 hours ago, AlanOfTheBerg said:

Thanks so much for the reply! I think the current features are ok, and I can make do. Having access to the previous month is nice. I just have to remember to go check it out every month or so to make sure I capture it before the next months rolls over. In terms of the coming history feature, that sounds fine too. But 30 days isn't much. Keeping details for a month is cool, but keeping summarized data for longer, like 6 months, would be great. Like bytes up and down by month for six months by category. That is a fairly small amount of data to store, but then allows you to make pretty graphs or tables, showing a history/trend over time, and a breakdown by category is just a little icing on the data cake. 

Thanks again!

That's some great feedback, thanks for letting us know and I'll make sure it gets relayed to the team in case this isn't already planned!