Can't acess r2 app after update and factory reset

Aspect of Wrath

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Update:i shook the r2 then i unpluged and repluged router. I was able to login r2 again using 192.168.77.1, will be back on forums if it stops working again.

You shook it? I guess it was a bad router so probably deserved, glad its working now, keep us posted.

Also for future reference don't do the 30-30-30 method as you can damage the router.

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Has happened 3 times now, what should i do? I can sometimes get it working by uplugging for days while using another router.

What happens when you notice the issue? Do you still have internet access through the R2 when the issue occurs?

It may be worth downgrading to the previous firmware, factory resetting, then upgrading again.

17 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

What happens when you notice the issue? Do you still have internet access through the R2 when the issue occurs?

It may be worth downgrading to the previous firmware, factory resetting, then upgrading again.

Cannot use internet when issue occurs i have to switch routers. I will try to downgrade, wheee can i download the older firmware thats safe to use?

21 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Cannot use internet when issue occurs i have to switch routers. I will try to downgrade, wheee can i download the older firmware thats safe to use?

The last full release firmware can be downloaded from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bzs9283aez5hym5/dumaos-3.0.205i.sig?dl=0

Let us know how you get on.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good advise above! Please complete a factory reset.

There's nothing immediately concerning in the logs either.

Did not want internet to be down for hours yesterday, so I will update to new firmware again today and try out suggestions, hopefully no issues.

Ok found the problem, i switched router from pppoe to dhcp on the Bell Homehub and updated to new firmware, factory reset r2 and reset homehub modem, connected ethernets after and everything worked no issues. I downgraded firmware again the  upgraded again this time with pppoe connection and as soon as i factory reset i could not acess the app by typing in 192.168.77.1, took alot of unplugging and replug to finally acess app. When i finally got into the app i had no internet and no matter how many times i reset both router and modem i had no internet. I used the xr500 for a day and tried the r2 again and it somehow worked the next day.

• Administrators

Well done for figuring it out, certainly very strange, do keep us posted if it happens again. We do often recommend leaving the router unplugged for 24 hours if it seems unrecoverable and for some reason that can help.