Update new firmware is bad (V.3.0.207) (NETDUMA R2)

Lexprins

I updated the firmware of the R2 to the newest firmware

And here starts the trouble

(Warzone)

* can't find any matches under the 100ms ping🥱

* bad connection, packet loss😡

* he keeps searching for a match.🤦

* u need to turn off ur filtering mode/strict mode/fast search anyway delete everything and then u can start a match. If u have the time in like 20 minutes...😑

* don't see some friends online.. and when they are online they cant join you.. why? I dont know🤷‍♂️ also when filtering mode is off

Downgraded the firware to ...205🤚👌 and i have no troubles anymore.🥲 I upgrade the firmware when its ready and no trouble anymore. So please fix the new firmware. Its not going well. They cant find any matches under 100ms.

I have turned down the whole geo filter and its still struggling with finding a match.

Conclusion: stay on 205 firmware. 🤐There is no trouble in here. 

(Also i turned down the whole router and reset the whole router) so thats not a solution. 

• Administrators

What do you mean you turned down the router exactly? In comparison to .205 this firmware has a lot of improvements/backend fixes so its possible those fixes mean you'll need to reconfigure your settings to find what works again. Some people have reported doing a second factory reset resolved any issues still left after a first reset so is worth a try.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean you turned down the router exactly? In comparison to .205 this firmware has a lot of improvements/backend fixes so its possible those fixes mean you'll need to reconfigure your settings to find what works again. Some people have reported doing a second factory reset resolved any issues still left after a first reset so is worth a try.

with turned down i mean. no elektricity. i have done a factory reset about 4 times. i thought it was my fault that i did something wrong in the settings of the setup. but no. its searching for matches the whole time. many packet loss, my internet speed is good. and when i am joining a friend of mine there is no problem to find a lobby. but when they join me or i am solo he cant find anything.

6 hours ago, Lexprins said:

with turned down i mean. no elektricity. i have done a factory reset about 4 times. i thought it was my fault that i did something wrong in the settings of the setup. but no. its searching for matches the whole time. many packet loss, my internet speed is good. and when i am joining a friend of mine there is no problem to find a lobby. but when they join me or i am solo he cant find anything.

When you say you turned down Geo-filter, did you disable filtering mode? If not I suggest trying that next time you upgrade to the firmware, it may just be that something was getting blocked that was needed to comms/authentication.

Are you using a VPN at all and is your game traffic going through the VPN? If so, don't route game traffic through the VPN, that can also cause issues.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

When you say you turned down Geo-filter, did you disable filtering mode? If not I suggest trying that next time you upgrade to the firmware, it may just be that something was getting blocked that was needed to comms/authentication.

Are you using a VPN at all and is your game traffic going through the VPN? If so, don't route game traffic through the VPN, that can also cause issues.

i disabled the whole filtering mode for the console ( so i delete the one who is geo filtered in the left upper box where u can put on : Strict Mode and Fast Search blabla. i do not use VPN. vpn is realy slow and try many websites like: NoLAGvpn or Express VPN. so i don't do that anymore.

but after the upgrade i realized that he can't found any lobby's anymore. and with the downgrade to 205 there is no problems. i dont understand what is going on , on 3.0 but something is not working well here in the netherlands. i will try it again when i am home.

are there any things in the new firmware u need to slide on? what i mean is. the features that are on in 205 and are off in the 3.0? so u need to put it back on?"

( i am not mad) i am happy with the netduma. but i am frustrated about the firmware haha

• Administrators

So your friend is joining you and then are you the party leader or are they? Do you disable the Geo-Filter before the game is loaded or during? 

Everything that is enabled/disabled by default has stayed the same, I'd suggest you run some Benchmark tests and see if the QoS settings you were using are still as effective. 

Where does Ping Heatmap say the lowest ping server is and what is the ping?

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So your friend is joining you and then are you the party leader or are they? Do you disable the Geo-Filter before the game is loaded or during? 

Everything that is enabled/disabled by default has stayed the same, I'd suggest you run some Benchmark tests and see if the QoS settings you were using are still as effective. 

Where does Ping Heatmap say the lowest ping server is and what is the ping?

i found the problem. it was set to my home location in the USA (New Orleans). now thats far far far away. when i set my home location to my adress everything is working fine! so this topic can be closed! thanks for the feedback!!

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Lexprins said:

i found the problem. it was set to my home location in the USA (New Orleans). now thats far far far away. when i set my home location to my adress everything is working fine! so this topic can be closed! thanks for the feedback!!

Great to hear that! Thanks for the update, any issues/questions feel free to open another topic and we'll be happy to help. Happy Holidays!