Ping

Rylo

I was just wondering if there is a fix I could do to fix high overall ping

when I run a Speedtest on my new modem (home hub 4000) installed 2 days ago, I get 1.10 download and around 800 upload with a 3 overall ping, when I advance DMZ my R2 as there is no bridge mode with home hubs I get around a 8-9 overall ping and no matter what I do it will not lower, I’m on the newest firmware and I also double factory reset, I also have the R2 on the 10G Ethernet port on the modem 

3 hours ago, Rylo said:

I was just wondering if there is a fix I could do to fix high overall ping

when I run a Speedtest on my new modem (home hub 4000) installed 2 days ago, I get 1.10 download and around 800 upload with a 3 overall ping, when I advance DMZ my R2 as there is no bridge mode with home hubs I get around a 8-9 overall ping and no matter what I do it will not lower, I’m on the newest firmware and I also double factory reset, I also have the R2 on the 10G Ethernet port on the modem 

If you run a Connection Benchmark on the R2, what base ping is it reporting? What speed-test are you using for testing? Can you run a few different ones and monitor the results?

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you run a Connection Benchmark on the R2, what base ping is it reporting? What speed-test are you using for testing? Can you run a few different ones and monitor the results?

Connection benchmark shows a ping between 8-9ms, and for speed test I’m using fast.com and Ookla, I’ve reset the R2 countless times along with the modem and no matter what settings I change it the ping will not lower 

• Administrators

It wouldn't really be doing any routing in that case so that's why it will be lower, although just using the R2 it shouldn't go up that much. The Home Hub likely has QoS enabled, can you disable that then redo the speed test please?

There isn’t really any options on the home hub 4000, basic settings like dmz, upnp and so on, I disabled upnp and I Believe it’s called DLNA or something like that and disabled sip alg, but besides that there isn’t much 

4 hours ago, Rylo said:

There isn’t really any options on the home hub 4000, basic settings like dmz, upnp and so on, I disabled upnp and I Believe it’s called DLNA or something like that and disabled sip alg, but besides that there isn’t much 

You have to turn off upnp and DLNA. Put the r2 in the dmz. Alternatively you can do pppoe passthrough and it will effectively turn the homehub into a modem. You just have to use the b***** as the username and your password for the password. Also you need to use VLAN 35.