no internet

gamerukali

Hello can you please help either i have forgotten how to setup or something is wrong.

My current setup is

Openreach modem
-micro cable in
Cable from lan1 going into internet on R2 

R2
Cable in port 1 going into lan 1 to my vodafone router

Im getting no internet

• Administrators

Do you have access to the interface? If so has the Setup Wizard been completed? If it has reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes then reboot the R2, wait 2 minutes and you should get internet.

If you need PPPoE details for internet you would need to enter that into the R2.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have access to the interface? If so has the Setup Wizard been completed? If it has reboot the modem, wait 2 minutes then reboot the R2, wait 2 minutes and you should get internet.

If you need PPPoE details for internet you would need to enter that into the R2.

No it wont let me access the setup wizard. I type in 192.168.77.1 and jist goes to the connection has timed out

36 minutes ago, gamerukali said:

Hello can you please help either i have forgotten how to setup or something is wrong.

My current setup is

Openreach modem
-micro cable in
Cable from lan1 going into internet on R2 

R2
Cable in port 1 going into lan 1 to my vodafone router

Im getting no internet

Is this usually the correct method?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that method is fine, so you're using two routers essentially? 

When did the issue first occur, after rebooting, changing a setting etc?

Do the reboots as mentioned above and see if that works.

I juat use the vodafone router for the wireless .

Yesturday night randomly lost connection. Tried all night i than disconnected R2 and setup jist the vodafone in the morning i had internet so i tried again connecting R2 via method abouve but cant eatablish internet

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have reconmected just my vodafone modem/router and now getting internet. So something going wrong when i try connect the R2

Is there any live chat would appreciate faster response thanks

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I have reconmected just my vodafone modem/router and now getting internet. So something going wrong when i try connect the R2

• Administrators

We don't have a live chat service unfortunately as we're a small company. After the reboot can you now access the interface at all? If not hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to access and complete the wizard. If that doesn't work, open command prompt on the PC connected to the R2, type ipconfig press enter then post a screenshot of the results please. What firmware version are you on also?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have a live chat service unfortunately as we're a small company. After the reboot can you now access the interface at all? If not hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to access and complete the wizard. If that doesn't work, open command prompt on the PC connected to the R2, type ipconfig press enter then post a screenshot of the results please. What firmware version are you on also?

I pressed reset for 30 secounds and waited still cant accesss wizard

IMG_20211201_214506.jpg

I have now managed to get it working. Leaving answer here incase someone has same problem as me in the future.

What i did was use a diffrent browser and managed to get the setup wizard to pop up alternatvly u can try clear data from exsisting browser hope this helps

• Administrators

Well done on getting it sorted, the URL you were using there was very weird so not surprising it wouldn't allow you in.

1 hour ago, WaRrIoR_WARFARE said:

See, I am having the same issue, but mine is requesting a username and password. 

image_2021-12-01_140301.png

It would be best to make a new topic and we can assist you there. It is either the default admin / password or the credentials you made during the setup wizard

Okay so now im just struggling to get the wifi to work on my vodafone router current setup is

Cable from netduma lan port 1 going into vodafone lan port 1 is

And have wifi disbaled on R2 Is this correct or im i missing something?

Is it ment to go from R2 to vodafone rputer in the wan slot?

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, gamerukali said:

Okay so now im just struggling to get the wifi to work on my vodafone router current setup is

Cable from netduma lan port 1 going into vodafone lan port 1 is

And have wifi disbaled on R2 Is this correct or im i missing something?

Is it ment to go from R2 to vodafone rputer in the wan slot?

Yes it should be a LAN port on the R2 to the internet port on the Vodafone router and then it should get internet

What the setup of the network exactly? Is the Vodafone acting as the modem, like this:

Internet -> Vodafone (Modem) -> R2

Or is the Vodafone now acting as an AP, like this:

Internet -> Modem -> R2 -> Vodafone

If the former, connect the cable from the R2 blue WAN port to a Vodafone LAN port.

If the latter, connect the cable from a R2 yellow LAN port to the Vodafone WAN port.

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

What the setup of the network exactly? Is the Vodafone acting as the modem, like this:

Internet -> Vodafone (Modem) -> R2

Or is the Vodafone now acting as an AP, like this:

Internet -> Modem -> R2 -> Vodafone

If the former, connect the cable from the R2 blue WAN port to a Vodafone LAN port.

If the latter, connect the cable from a R2 yellow LAN port to the Vodafone WAN port.

Bt Openreach modem to R2 blue -R2 yellow to vodafone yellow.

Im currently getting wifi off the vodafone now are you saying i should change the cable from yellow to blue on vodafone router ?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Vodafone needs to get internet from the R2 to work, in which case the internet port on the Vodafone has to connect to the R2 LAN port

But i am currently getting internet off the vodafone wifi and at the moment i have it conencted to the R2 yellow to  vodafone yellow and NOT internet slot on vodafone