On 3.0.394 and 2 days later lost internet

willthetech

Same issue I had before. loosing internet randomly. I was watching Netflix, just stopped...went in to the Duma...had big warning, you are not connected to the internet ,something, something. Issue still in new firmware. sigh! I was crossing my fingers. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, willthetech said:

Fraser,

Can you check with Liam if he got the info he was requesting from me. I emailed him back but he never replay back to me.

Thanks 

Yep no worries, I'll check with him and either of us will get back to you tomorrow.

Ok so I got the new router. (thanks by the way, kudos for sending me a replacement). But unfortunately the WAN disconnected is still there. I have WOW for our internet provider. I have an Arris CM8200 modem, with 1gb down and 50mb Up .I am starting to think the R2 does not play well with the Arris 8200 and only the R2 because all other routers I have here never have this issue. If I put the R2 behind my TP Link A9 router, it works immediately and actually it never losses internet. But I want the R2 to be my primary Router...

So I am switching my provider (not because the R2 lol) to spectrum and I am going to set up my Raspberry pi4 to run openwrt as a dedicated router. This will give me SQM, local dns server, etc... and also I can provide a 192.168.etc...IP to the R2, just like the rest of the routers I have here. Crossing my fingers this does the trick...

44 minutes ago, willthetech said:

Ok so I got the new router. (thanks by the way, kudos for sending me a replacement). But unfortunately the WAN disconnected is still there. I have WOW for our internet provider. I have an Arris CM8200 modem, with 1gb down and 50mb Up .I am starting to think the R2 does not play well with the Arris 8200 and only the R2 because all other routers I have here never have this issue. If I put the R2 behind my TP Link A9 router, it works immediately and actually it never losses internet. But I want the R2 to be my primary Router...

So I am switching my provider (not because the R2 lol) to spectrum and I am going to set up my Raspberry pi4 to run openwrt as a dedicated router. This will give me SQM, local dns server, etc... and also I can provide a 192.168.etc...IP to the R2, just like the rest of the routers I have here. Crossing my fingers this does the trick...

Interesting, I have the same modem (SB8200) and was experiencing WAN disconnects as well before the new firmware. I upgraded but saw speeds @ like 3mbps when my download is easily 450 so I swapped back out because I don't have the will or time to try and troubleshoot this holiday season. So I haven't left mine connected long enough to see if the WAN issue is still happening.

1 hour ago, willthetech said:

Are you able to get to the interface when the disconnections occur now? Do you require PPPoE or VLAN IDs? Let us know if there's any changes under the new ISP too, I'm interested as to what the cause is here.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you able to get to the interface when the disconnections occur now? Do you require PPPoE or VLAN IDs? Let us know if there's any changes under the new ISP too, I'm interested as to what the cause is here.

Actually after my dentist appointment I will do some testing. I just picked up my spectrum modem and I can actually run both connections in my house. (exiting I can test my port aggregation work test box environment I am working on)..

no pppoe / no vlans, just a dynamic  IP from the modem. 

we will see...