Warzone players. How often do you get the Packet Burst Icon in Warzone?

Rbk23

Warzone players. How often do you get the Packet Burst Icon in Warzone?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get the Packet Burst Icon in Warzone?

• Often
    • Occasionally
    • Never

I am trying everything I can to get this to stop. So far it has seemed to have improved a lot with Geofiltering and upgrading my modem to a non Intel Puma 6 one. 

Just wondering if some packet burst is inevitable, or if there are some who never get it. 

22 minutes ago, Rbk23 said:

I am trying everything I can to get this to stop. So far it has seemed to have improved a lot with Geofiltering and upgrading my modem to a non Intel Puma 6 one. 

Just wondering if some packet burst is inevitable, or if there are some who never get it. 

How do you have QoS configured? This is another one that can greatly help with problems like this. If you haven't already, I'd also suggest you check out our optimal settings guide for QoS:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

6 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

How do you have QoS configured? This is another one that can greatly help with problems like this. If you haven't already, I'd also suggest you check out our optimal settings guide for QoS:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

I have it at 70% for UL and DL and set proirtization for gaming and for my PC to 30 and also added my PC to Traffic Prioritization as a game console as well as have Duma Classified Games enabled there as well.  

My connection is 350/10 and the only other person typically on the Network would be my wife watching Netflix and maybe the kids watching youtube at the same time so not much bandwidth being used. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please run a Connection Benchmark and send over a screenshot of the results?

Will do when I get home.

One more question, I have my geofiltering circle set around 3 closest servers that are 30-40 ms but my in game ping is usually in the 50s and if I go into the Warzone settings menu while in a game it will be fluctuating 60ms-70ms for example if the in game ping is displaying 50ms. 

Can you explain what is happening here and why the ingame pings are so much higher than on the ping heat map. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Rbk23 said:

Will do when I get home.

One more question, I have my geofiltering circle set around 3 closest servers that are 30-40 ms but my in game ping is usually in the 50s and if I go into the Warzone settings menu while in a game it will be fluctuating 60ms-70ms for example if the in game ping is displaying 50ms. 

Can you explain what is happening here and why the ingame pings are so much higher than on the ping heat map. 

All games have processing delay, this is something calculated on the game/server side and not something we can determine so that added ping is the processing delay and there isn't anything you can do to reduce that, except try a different server if it is particularly high. The Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to/as close to the server as possible and that is what you can control. Not all games choose to include the processing delay in their ping calculation but CoD do.

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

All games have processing delay, this is something calculated on the game/server side and not something we can determine so that added ping is the processing delay and there isn't anything you can do to reduce that, except try a different server if it is particularly high. The Geo-Filter shows the ping direct to/as close to the server as possible and that is what you can control. Not all games choose to include the processing delay in their ping calculation but CoD do.

Ok, so if I use Ping Assist and set it to 40ms, is it going to take into account the ping in the heat map and look for servers under 40ms there as opposed to ingame ping? 

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Rbk23 said:

Ok, so if I use Ping Assist and set it to 40ms, is it going to take into account the ping in the heat map and look for servers under 40ms there as opposed to ingame ping? 

Yes it will base it on the ping to the server, not including the addition processing delay as that isn't something we can calculate/influence.

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please run a Connection Benchmark and send over a screenshot of the results?

Here is my bench mark. A big spike in there. Nothing else running at the time

Capture2.PNG

These issues all sound very similar to mine. Awaiting to see if you have any positive info to share. Also, my QOS rapp keeps cutting out and not loading lately... have tried the usual clear the cache suggestion with no luck. Is this happening to you also?

9 hours ago, Rbk23 said:

Here is my bench mark. A big spike in there. Nothing else running at the time

The base ping isn't too bad, one spike is normal/within the margin of error. Your ping test under load is a lot higher than your base ping, that would suggest that QoS still needs some optimising.

Try reducing your sliders 5% at a time, then run a Connection Benchmark between each adjustment. Monitor which configuration gets you the best results and let us know if you have any questions with it.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

The base ping isn't too bad, one spike is normal/within the margin of error. Your ping test under load is a lot higher than your base ping, that would suggest that QoS still needs some optimising.

Try reducing your sliders 5% at a time, then run a Connection Benchmark between each adjustment. Monitor which configuration gets you the best results and let us know if you have any questions with it.

I set 20% for DL & UL and turned congestion control to always on. Maybe it wasn't in affect for my other tests as it was set to auto enable?

Anyway this looks pretty good now I think

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Auto Enable only applies the percentages when gaming and won't affect Benchmark so that's correct it will work with always. Yes that is better, your connection is inherently a little spiky hence why you're seeing the same on Ping Under Load.

On 11/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, Rbk23 said:

Will do when I get home.

I draw boxes around the servers that I am willing to connect to.  I notice that anything above 50 ms ping in warzone will give me heavy ping fluctuations (ping spiking between 50-250 ms ping with heavy rubber banding) and packet burst.  When I connect to the lower ping servers, the packet burst is nearly non-existent.