R2 not giving me full speeds.

creek11

I've had the R2 for a while now and I did not have any issues until recently where I notice I am only getting about 80 to 100 mbs download speeds. I have on my current provider a plan that allows 1200mbs speeds. In the Device Manager tap on the DumaOS I notice me device is listed at 100Mbits. How do I change that?? 

Screenshot 2021-11-23 205636.png

7 hours ago, creek11 said:

I've had the R2 for a while now and I did not have any issues until recently where I notice I am only getting about 80 to 100 mbs download speeds. I have on my current provider a plan that allows 1200mbs speeds. In the Device Manager tap on the DumaOS I notice me device is listed at 100Mbits. How do I change that?? 

Welcome to the forum!

It's likely due to the cable being used from the R2 to the modem, could you please change it our for something CAT 5E or greater and see if you still have the same issues?

I do get 1000mbits with the other cable. If the length is the limiter. Whats my best solution for this. My main modem sits in my living room across the house. My R2 is at the other end where my game room is at. 

• Administrators

It's not necessarily the length of the cable just that it could have been damaged. If possible measure the distance and see if there is a smaller cable that would suit your needs, having extra cable about will increase the chance it could be damaged (in my own experience). You could use a powerline adapter but you will not get as high speeds as if you were just using the cable.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, creek11 said:

I honestly don’t know what happen. When I switch the cables to test if the other cables would work I switched back to the original cable and now it’s at 1000mbits. 

Hmm that's really strange, maybe the fibres in the cable are a bit finicky and moving it around sorted it, keep an eye on it as it could happen again