Low speeds on connection benchmark

I thought I saw someone else on here at one time talking about this but I'm getting like half my speeds when I do a connection benchmark test. I have 1000 up and 1000 down...but for some reason its only giving my 540 up and 430 down which results in a D. I have Qos disabled and I have the congestion set to never to make sure nothing is interfering with it. I'm not running any games and I have my console off. Any reason as to why my XR500 is only giving me half speeds?

10 hours ago, David824 said:

I thought I saw someone else on here at one time talking about this but I'm getting like half my speeds when I do a connection benchmark test. I have 1000 up and 1000 down...but for some reason its only giving my 540 up and 430 down which results in a D. I have Qos disabled and I have the congestion set to never to make sure nothing is interfering with it. I'm not running any games and I have my console off. Any reason as to why my XR500 is only giving me half speeds?

Are you seeing the same speeds if you do a third party speed-test, using speedtest.net for example? If not, it's likely an issue with Connection Benchmark's reporting and won't actually affect your bandwidth. We're working on improving this for future firmware.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 minutes ago, clinechas said:

I'd like to schedule regular tests on my router, so thought I'd give another example of the discrepancy.  The DUMAOS test is consistent in its reporting, just incorrect on speed.

image.thumb.png.58ae84ace91e3e9db1bbeb2451dd8fca.png

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yeah we are still improving the results shown by benchmark so you can ignore the speed there.