Getting the best out of the R2

anonymous_g-_-

Are the two consoles playing together on the same game? If so, you can just add whichever is the host to Geo-filter. 

Similarly, DumaOS classified games will detect traffic from both consoles and prioritise them equally over other devices. Alternatively, you could add separate rules to Geo-filter for them and have them prioritised that way.

If you run 2 consoles you need to make sure uPNP is on.

Say in CoD, if you use 2 consoles simultaneously they will have other port numbers assigned to them depending on which one logs in first.

Then in traffic prioritization add both PS4's under service name game console. That prioritizes UDP traffic to both over the entire range. I would not go by specific numbers as you can't be sure which will end up sitting on what port number.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

What speeds do you pay for/usually receive? Your base ping is very spiky and has packet loss, or it could be your connection to the Google servers. Where abouts are you located and what type of internet do you have?

Yeah I see it was spiky. I’m located in March, Cambridgeshire. And I’m with sky atm on the copper cable dsl? I see there’s an option in the settings to allow remote access to tech support. Does that mean I can give you access to my router to give me the best possible?

• Administrators

You should have a pretty good connection to the Google servers then so that is odd. Are ALL devices connected to the R2 or do you still have some connected to the Sky hub? Have you put the R2 in the DMZ of the R2? What speeds do you pay for/receive? What are your QoS settings currently?

The remote support option is for devs to investigate serious bugs/issues, not to setup the router.

• Administrators

Okay so you need to update your bandwidth speeds because QoS won't be taking affect at all how it is setup currently, you can do this by clicking the :menu icon in the top left of the Congestion Control panel, then QoS will be better. Also for the purposes of Connection Benchmark change Congestion Control to Always and then redo the test please and post the results.

• Administrators

It does look like your inherent connection has an unstable ping which isn't anything we can resolve, that's down to the ISP. There is room for improvement on Ping Under Load so adjust Congestion Control percentages then retest and try to get the values lower so it looks more line the Ping Test.

5 minutes ago, anonymous_g-_- said:

This is my current network map. Is there anything I should change? Do I have to have every device connected solely to the netduma? And the only connection I should have from the modem is the netduma?

For an optimum setup yes that is what you need to do. Nothing you need to change on Device Manager.

• Administrators

It's hard to say as every connection is different, it is best to experiment but I would say if you can keep the percentages higher while seeing a reduction in Ping Under Load that would be best given your speeds are slower.