Couple R2 Questions and Possible Issues

the1andonlyIKY

I received my R2 late last week - I have been wanting a Netduma router for some time, so I am super excited. Setting it up today, but there has been a bit of frustration and weirdness.

I'll number the things I'm bringing up so they are easy to refer back to:

1. When the package arrived, the actual shipping box had/has no seal on one end. The router box did have both ends sealed, but on one end the seal was cut and both appear to have been opened. I do not know if this is something to do with customs (shipped to US from UK), or if there could have been any tampering. Everything appears to be present that's supposed to be there, and no damage, but definitely made me warily raise an eyebrow.

2. When setting up (via laptop and WiFi), I got to the point where I could change the network name and password. Upon hitting Submit or Apply or whatever the button was, all connection dropped. You'd think the router would simply reboot to apply the changes, but not so. No network - factory name or custom - was being projected, and I also tried plugging a LAN cable directly to the laptop. This allowed the Submit or Apply button to go through and moved to the DumaOS dashboard, but there was still no connection and nothing would load. DumaOS was stuck with a spinning wheel and a message along the lines of "the router may be resetting", which it once again was not. After manually unplugging power and resetting thw router twice and modem once, the network was suddenly there broadcasting the the custom network changes.

3. I guessed, initially, on what the max upload and download speeds here are. Now that I have a better idea, is there a way to edit that for the graphs without factory resetting and starting over?

4. The final thing at this moment is, when setting up things and going through the DumaOS, I got to the Rapp Store tab, and up in the right corner, it says I'm logged in as "Luke". I am not Luke. I also hadn't set up any accounts yet. That got me worried a bit. I logged out, and when I tried to make my own account it tells me I'm unable to register.

In summary, is my router maybe a return or reburbished model? Wouldn't be a big deal to me - I'd just like to know. I don't know if that would explain any of these things. Or, my mind goes to either maybe the account thing being leftover from development, or - worst case - that this router was messed with at some point, which quite worries me.

Anyway, thank you to anybody that reads and responds. I hope this is in the right place.

Cheers,

IKY

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1. That does sound like customs, it's certainly not how we would ship the router out - if we did it's possible it could be lost. 
2. That's an odd one, if you're setting up via WiFi it would disconnect you until you reconnect to the WiFi using the new credentials, keep an eye on that if you need to reset again please.
3. - 
4. The Rapp store isn't active at the moment so no need to worry about that, Luke is on mine as well, it'll just be a default login we used. 

No nothing like that, you're router will be new!

Thank you and thank you for the quick reply!

Still fighting with odd issues.

5. The Geo-Filter and Ping Heatmap won't even load, with "This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute". Though, through my searching I see you guys could be working on that.

6. Set up the household games consoles via WiFi to good results. However, when LAN hardwiring my Xbox (with Cat 8 cable, if that matters), it gets no internet and the device manager reads it as a completely new/seperate "unnamed device". This does not make much sense to me. I did reset the router and modem again as well.

6a. After unplugging and deleting this "unnamed device" and trying again, it's not even showing anything in the OS (Device Manager). However, the corresponding light on the router is lit and blinking; The Xbox says it's connected to the internet, but any other test beyond that fails and says unavailable. Also tried with a Cat 5e cable to be thorough, to the same result.

• Administrators

5. Yes we're working on that, the frequency of the issue should occur much less (hopefully rarely) on the next firmware and that won't be too far away. Generally to resolve it give the router a reboot from the interface and wait 2 minutes before accessing.
6. Are you using automatic or manual network settings on the console? If manual use automatic and it should work fine. 

14 hours ago, the1andonlyIKY said:

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.

As far as i knew, my Xbox was automatic, but i went in and changed everything to manual and then back to auto to be sure, and that seems to have worked.

Thank you all for the help!

Great to hear! Let us know if you have any other problems.