Invalid RPC request

Initially, I could not load the geo filtering page because the RAPP just wont load, so I factory reset the router and the problem solved. Now I keep getting this when I stay in the Geo Filtering page. Tried rebooting twice but didn't help. What does it mean? It occur on both Edge and Chrome.

Screenshot 2021-11-11 143551.png

Welcome the the forum!

Do you have any devices added to Geo-filter? If so, could you please:

• Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  • Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  • Reboot the router

See after that if you're still getting the same problems.

Did the steps above, still having the same. I left the geo-filtering page open while gaming and the invalid rpc request message pops up again. What is the issue causing this? Is it firmware related or browser? I do not have any adblocker installed. Will downgrading firmware remedy the issue?

32 minutes ago, MNSK said:

Did the steps above, still having the same. I left the geo-filtering page open while gaming and the invalid rpc request message pops up again. What is the issue causing this? Is it firmware related or browser? I do not have any adblocker installed. Will downgrading firmware remedy the issue?

I'd suggest downgrading to a previous firmware, factory reset, then upgrade back to the newest and reset again.

Let us know if it still occurs after this.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Most likely as it is upgrading and so the connection is broken, if you refresh does it work?

I tried refreshing but the firmware remained at 1.0.0.58_1.0.44.

Update: After countless refresh and reupload, I managed to lock in the previous firmware into place after successful reboot. Also, I removed every available extensions on Chrome and now DumaOS seems to be much more responsive when I get to each of its page. However, I still get the invalid rpc request.

5 hours ago, MNSK said:

Update: After countless refresh and reupload, I managed to lock in the previous firmware into place after successful reboot. Also, I removed every available extensions on Chrome and now DumaOS seems to be much more responsive when I get to each of its page. However, I still get the invalid rpc request.

Glad to hear that! Can you please factory reset, upgrade to the latest firmware again and then factory reset. Let us know if you're still getting the error after that.

10 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Glad to hear that! Can you please factory reset, upgrade to the latest firmware again and then factory reset. Let us know if you're still getting the error after that.

I have already upgraded to latest firmware, but then I noticed new issues:

1. The DumaOS takes take about 10 seconds to load the front page, only to get the Missing JSON response message. I clicked OK and still get the loading animation.
  2. Clicking Refresh on the browser managed to get the front page to load, but still some RAPP boxes keep giving me the loading animation. A few seconds later I got both the Missing JSON and invalid rpc request.
  3. Clicked on Geo-Filter, page managed to load, but immediately getting Missing JSON response followed by invalid rpc request.
  4. Clicked on Ping Heatmap, got the Missing JSON response, but still will not load.

Overall most pages remained on the loading animation, besides giving either the Missing Json or the invalid rpc request.

Only the settings page seem to be responsive.

Update: Everything seems to be running properly when I access the Duma interface using Opera. Except for Geo-Filtering which doesn't seem to restrict my location. I will give it a few more runs with Vanguard and will update my findings.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it's working for you with Opera - what's happening with Geo-Filtering exactly, can you provide a screenshot of what you see when this seems to happen?

Does Geo-Filtering work in Vanguard? I can no longer auto-ping host when starting a match. Prior to factory reset, the host would appear in the bottom panel whenever a match is about to start. Also, is there an option for the interface to keep me signed-in as long as the page is open?

Screenshot 2021-11-14 103931.png

• Administrators
8 hours ago, MNSK said:

Does Geo-Filtering work in Vanguard? I can no longer auto-ping host when starting a match. Prior to factory reset, the host would appear in the bottom panel whenever a match is about to start. Also, is there an option for the interface to keep me signed-in as long as the page is open?

Yes it should be working, are you seeing any icons on the map when you get a game? If not that's why it won't be appearing so then do this and it should work again:

1. Quit the game completely - so go back to console dashboard
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

Unfortunately not, the interface times out by default and this can't be changed.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes it should be working, are you seeing any icons on the map when you get a game? If not that's why it won't be appearing so then do this and it should work again:

1. Quit the game completely - so go back to console dashboard
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

Unfortunately not, the interface times out by default and this can't be changed.

I did the steps above but still the interface won't show the host in the panel, and by looking at the players in my matches, I do not think filtering is working either.

8 hours ago, MNSK said:

I did the steps above but still the interface won't show the host in the panel, and by looking at the players in my matches, I do not think filtering is working either.

Are you seeing icons on the map when you're playing? How is your device added to Geo-filter?

On 11/15/2021 at 11:56 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you seeing icons on the map when you're playing? How is your device added to Geo-filter?

The icons would appear very briefly and not frequently. Anyway, after rebooting, I think the router somehow managed to get the host appear in the panel below the world map, and now I can set to allow and deny like before. 

3 hours ago, MNSK said:

The icons would appear very briefly and not frequently. Anyway, after rebooting, I think the router somehow managed to get the host appear in the panel below the world map, and now I can set to allow and deny like before. 

OK that's interesting, does it appear to be filtering correctly now then?

• 4 weeks later...