R2 Wifi

Rylo

I’m with bell with the home hub 3000, I’m not able to “bridge” or do pppoe do to having fibeTV, I have the R2 in the advanced DMZ on my home hub, I was wondering would I benefit turning off 2.4 and 5ghz wifi on my R2 and just using it for gaming and have my phone and computer back on the home hub? 

4 minutes ago, Rylo said:

I’m with bell with the home hub 3000, I’m not able to “bridge” or do pppoe do to having fibeTV, I have the R2 in the advanced DMZ on my home hub, I was wondering would I benefit turning off 2.4 and 5ghz wifi on my R2 and just using it for gaming and have my phone and computer back on the home hub? 

Are you having issues with the Wi-Fi on the R2? 

In this configuration, QoS would not work as well. For best results you'd need to ensure all devices on the network are connected directly to the R2, so QoS can determine their priority. Otherwise, your game traffic will be competing with wireless traffic upstream.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you having issues with the Wi-Fi on the R2? 

In this configuration, QoS would not work as well. For best results you'd need to ensure all devices on the network are connected directly to the R2, so QoS can determine their priority. Otherwise, your game traffic will be competing with wireless traffic upstream.

Not issues with R2 wifi 

I have my phone, computer and PS5 on my R2, only thing on home hub is 2 TVs n my moms phone 

Give the R2 a try with handling all the devices and see how you get on. If the isp router is next to the R2 and both broadcasting they can both create interference and impact the performance of the WiFi on both routers. 

Then try with the isp handling the WiFi and the R2 with no WiFi and see what it’s like. Personally I would try the R2 to handle the lot so at least you have full network control.

8 hours ago, Newfie said:

Give the R2 a try with handling all the devices and see how you get on. If the isp router is next to the R2 and both broadcasting they can both create interference and impact the performance of the WiFi on both routers. 

Then try with the isp handling the WiFi and the R2 with no WiFi and see what it’s like. Personally I would try the R2 to handle the lot so at least you have full network control.

Definitely gonna give this a try when I get home, appreciate the help 🙂

9 hours ago, Newfie said:

Sorry, when I disable the wifi on the r2 how would I enable it after if I’m not able to connect to it? 

• Administrators

You would have to connect via ethernet or if that wasn't an option then factory reset to get the WiFi back. Third option would be do something like homehub > R2 > another router and then you could connect to the another router wifi and access the R2 interface