NoLagVPN on Netduma R2

deathlyhallows

I have been able to get the NoLagVPN set up in my DumaOS. However, when I select the correct device under "VPN Traffic", it will not allow me to select "VPN this device". It has the option "DO NOT vpn these devices" and it's grayed out so I can't click on it. 

I noticed in another set up instructions that if the same device is used under the GeoFilter and the HybridVPN, I would need to restart my router, which I did. But I still cannot select "VPN this device" under the correct device. 

Ok cool yeah I did notice that my device is displaying as a console even though i'm on a PC. 

I did see in another forum that since it's grayed out that it would apply to the entire device (right after I posted this lol my bad)

But when I did get connected to Warzone, with the VPN on, the geo location in game was New Zealand, which it should be. However it wouldn't connect me to a lobby. The game kept populating the message "unable to connect to data centers". 

Any advice on this? 

• Administrators

Connecting to servers further away is a lot harder as your ping will be a lot higher and they may have a ping limit, also the closest game server there would be Australia so if you're using the Geo-Filter and not covering Aus you won't get a game. It's also possible they're wising up to people using a VPN and blocked known VPN IP blocks.

Ok that makes sense but the idea of NoLagVPN is that you can connect to further away places without high ping. 

Before today, I was using NoLagVPN independently of NetDuma and getting into games consistently, although I think you're right they're getting wise to people because i'll go a day with bot lobbies then 3 days of sweats. 

Do you think Duma will think of a work around for this? I hate the companies that make COD

• Administrators

If you're truly connecting to a server that far away then you cannot get a low ping, unless they have found a way to break the law of physics in which case I'm surprised they've limited themselves to fixing gaming issues. Most likely what they've done is change the location reading but you're still connecting to a game close to you. VPN isn't anything to do with us and you can't get around an IP block without changing your IP. You can still use the Geo-Filter to get games further away but search times will be longer.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're truly connecting to a server that far away then you cannot get a low ping, unless they have found a way to break the law of physics in which case I'm surprised they've limited themselves to fixing gaming issues. Most likely what they've done is change the location reading but you're still connecting to a game close to you. VPN isn't anything to do with us and you can't get around an IP block without changing your IP. You can still use the Geo-Filter to get games further away but search times will be longer.

2 hours ago, deathlyhallows said:

Ok cool thanks for the info Fraser!

No lag VPN is not an actual VPN it just tricks the game as far as your location is concerned. Also no lag vpn isnt compatible with consoles. Only PC. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, zman1156 said:

No lag VPN is not an actual VPN it just tricks the game as far as your location is concerned. Also no lag vpn isnt compatible with consoles. Only PC. 

I can confirm that it does work on Consoles. It worked on my PS4. What you need to do is use HYBRID VPN and select open vpn. Upload the config file from NoLagVPN and user: 1 / pass: 1 and it will work. Please note for some you will need to do VPN port forwarding. 

On 1/28/2022 at 12:52 PM, Paul Maos said:

I can confirm that it does work on Consoles. It worked on my PS4. What you need to do is use HYBRID VPN and select open vpn. Upload the config file from NoLagVPN and user: 1 / pass: 1 and it will work. Please note for some you will need to do VPN port forwarding. 

I do the above and it says connected, under VPN traffic I add my PC under VPN traffic and select only port forward these services but now my nat is moderate and game says unable to connect to data centres and starts searching for >200ms games. If I connect through OPENVPN in windows it stays open and I can connect fine. Any idea ?

18 hours ago, Rbk23 said:

I do the above and it says connected, under VPN traffic I add my PC under VPN traffic and select only port forward these services but now my nat is moderate and game says unable to connect to data centres and starts searching for >200ms games. If I connect through OPENVPN in windows it stays open and I can connect fine. Any idea ?

What ports did you select? If you change that option to "Do not VPN these services" and remove all the services you added, does it work then?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Krdnt said:

I cannot connect via OpenVPN. The status I get is always failed. Any help?

See if this works, it's a suggestion from a user: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/38675-hybrid-vpn-for-warzone-no-longer-connecting-via-open-vpn/?do=findComment&comment=332646